Wednesday, June 4, 2008

34 week check-up and False Alarm

Jeff and I went for my 34 week check-up today. Everything is looking very good. My belly is measuring at 36 cm and the baby's heartbeat was at 151 bpm. I go again in two weeks and then I start going every week. We are nearing the end!!

Over the weekend I had a false alarm. Friday night I started feeling "crampy" and having lower back pain. I was able to get a few hours of sleep, but woke up 5am Saturday morning still in pain. I waited until 8:30 and decided to go to the hospital. After two hours of monitoring I was sent home and it was determined that I was not in pre-term labor. I was also given a test and the Dr.'s are 95% sure I will not go into labor in the next two weeks.

I did find out that at this point in pregnancy the Dr.'s do not stop labor, so when I do go into labor it will be the real thing. This is both very exciting and slightly terrifying at the same moment!

When Jeff and I went to the hospital on Saturday we were completely unprepared, we didn't have our bag, a camera, if it was the real thing we would have needed lots of help! So, I now have my bag packed and ready to go. I have a list of who to call for Jeff. Overall I'm feeling much better prepared for the real thing.

We are ready and waiting for JT to come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're getting so close! I also had a false alarm a lot like what you described. Mine happened a little earlier, around 28 weeks I think. I had the worst pain ever and just had a gut instinct that we should go to the hospital...of course this was a 2 a.m.! They monitored me and didn't detect any contractions and concluded that the pains I was feeling must have been my uterus stretching and growing! I felt pretty silly once I heard that, but when it's your first time you just don't know!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP