Aunt Keri had to loosen his shorts, they were a bit too small! :-)

Hi guys!!!

On Saturday we went to Sports Page to cheer for the Buckeyes! They came through with a victory, O-H-I-O!! That night we went to the Sponseller's for dinner with Andy and Victoria. (Should have taken a photo!!) We had fun talking about Who's Who in the Sponseller and Grogan family. Bob took out some old photos we got to see when he was growing up, his mom and dad, when Bernie won "Miss Tall Atlanta" (what a hottie!!), when Andy, Jeff and Matt were little, it was lots of fun! I really love looking at old photos . . . . I'm sure you're shocked!! :-) Bernie made a delicious dinner and Key Lime pie's to celebrate Jeff's birthday! What a great night!
After coming home from the Sponseller's I stayed up late to make sure everything was set out for Johnathan's first beach day and Jeff's birthday beach get together. I even made a list to make sure I didn't forget anything. I iced the cupcakes, I put the salads I had made into tuperware, I put all the bags in one area for easy packing, I put together Johnathan's diaper bag with all the extras we could possibly need . . . . . I felt like Super Mom!



I fell asleep dreaming of the perfect beach day . . . too bad it didn't quite work out. We woke up and saw that the sky looked a little overcast. But we were determined. We said "We are going to the beach today, no matter what!"
Isn't his beach outfit so cute!!! I love that he is sticking his tongue out at me!!



And we did!
Just look at how excited Johnathan was to be at the beach! Ha!


We got there, set everything up and waited for the clouds to pass, the sun to come out, and all of our friends to join us.

Well, the clouds didn't pass . . . they got worse and it started to rain. No problem, Keri and Joe brought a tent that we could all fit under . . . then it started to rain harder. My parents called and asked if we were still at the beach, "yup, come on out, the rain's gonna pass and it'll be a beautiful day, you'll see!" We were optimistic. Bernie and Bob came out too. Laura was a trooper and met up with us as well.

I feel like I should mention the guy in the back of this photo is at least 80 years old and is at the beach everytime we go (and probably every day!) We have seen him swim up and down the shore and he looks like he is in great shape! He stopped by to look at Johnathan, what a nice man! :-)

If you can't tell, it's raining and grey and just about the worst beach day ever! :-(


All of us being optimistic that the coulds would pass . . . .


Bernie was smart to bring her umbrella! :-)

Johnathan decided he needed a little cat nap . . . .

That's right the boys are playing bocce in the water!




We waited until 12:30 and then we had to call it a day. We were all wet from the rain! :-( We relocated back to our house for a late lunch. After which everyone was very tired and I think we all needed or wanted a nap.



We were all watching football after eating lunch.

I love this photo!!! "I knew I was suppose to do something, now what was it . . . . "

Cleaning up after a long day!

Daddy and Johnathan taking a nap . . . I love you both so much!!! :-)

Overall, Jeff had a great birthday weekend! The Buckeyes won! Johnathan went to the beach for the first time! We spent time with friends and family . . . what more could you ask for??
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Jeff! looks like you guys had a nice weekend even through the yucky weather. love the pics of Johnathan in his beach outfit too. great job planning such a fun weekend!!! ps. love the new look of your website!!!!!
Post a Comment