What a year 2008 has been! Most of the world is saying good riddance, but I'm a little sad to see it go. It was a very special year to me. (And it is kinda like my favorite number 28, only with two 0's in it.) So let's recap *as I put a cap back on a pen* . . . get it re-cap . . . yeah, I know, dooorky!
2008 the year of pregnancy and Johnathan . . .
I spent most of the year pregnant and loved it!
I learned that that seeing your toes is a priviledge not a right and getting up to pee in the middle of the night fortyumpteenhundred times is not fun . . .
I remember when I felt the first kick and felt instantly in love . . .
I learned that my hormones + pregnancy = crazytown . . . just ask Jeff!
I remember finding out that I was carrying a little boy made me so proud and happy . . .
I will never forget hearing the words "okay, one more push and your baby will be here" and how they changed my life . . .
Then finally seeing Johnathan for the first time . . . no words to describe how awesome and amazing it was . . .
I now know the true meaning of the word "miracle"
I learned that no one could ever have prepared me properly for having a baby. I am so grateful to have learned first-hand the good and the bad and sometimes the ugly.
Also, never leave a baby boy diaperless on a changing table . . . you will get wet (and so will the floor, and the table, and everything else . . . . at 2am)
I really only need a few minutes of sleep here and there for weeks on end . . . really . . .
I learned that as a new parent you will sterilize EVERYTHING over and over again . . . require multiple hand washings before holding the baby . . . and make bottles with bottled water . . . for about a week and then . . . hey if the binki falls on the floor and good rub on the shirt is about as sterile as its gonna get . . .
Every baby has his/her own cry and even in a room full of babies a Mommy can hone in on your baby's cry and be there for him in 2.4 seconds flat
I've also learned that the only time your baby will fall or hurt himself is in front of other people (usually those who are "perfect" parents)
Also, we've learned the maximum "liquid" a diaper can hold might not be as much as you thought or hoped it would.
Poop comes out of clothes pretty easily, though, justsaying.
I've learned that even when I'm covered in spit-up while trying to soothe a crying baby, I've never felt more like a Mommy!
I now know that the word Mother is special and sacred and I'm proud to wear it! (That goes for the word Father as well . . . and Jeff does a darn good job of it!!!)
I've learned that Jeff and I make a pretty good team and that I am so very grateful for him every day in so many ways.
This is the year that I can say things like "my son" . . . "well, as a Mother, I would" . . . "I'm a Mommy" . . . "say Mama, mmmmaaaa mmmmmaaaa" . . . and "I love you son."
*Nerd alert* I've learned that I can crochet a hat and a blanket and that I can now knit!
I know that I love taking photos and am trying to get better and more creative daily.
I think it all comes down to this . . .
I've learned to like who I am and how I am . . . and I think that's kinda cool.
I'm really looking forward to 2009. I can't explain it but I feel like there are big things in store for Jeff, Johnathan and me next year.
So come on 2009 . . . let's see what you're made of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, your 2008 was full of blessings. Happy New Year to you and your family!
What a great year...and you've learned a lot!
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment