Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day!!

I was so excited for Johnathan's first Christmas!! We all woke up early to get ready for the day. Once Jeff and I were all ready we got Johnathan up. And I'm kicking myself because I only got it on video . . . I completely forgot about my camera. I know I know, but I can't get any more upset about it. Johnathan was very smily and happy when we were getting him up. And another thing that Daddy and I forgot about was our letter to Santa. It's a good thing Santa is so understanding because he dropped off gifts anyway.

Christmas morning . . . look at all our gifts to open!!!
Photobucket

Daddy got us great stockings and a stocking holder since we don't have a fireplace!
Photobucket

This is my only photo of Johnathan at our house on Christmas morning . . . at least it's a good one!!
Photobucket

Next we had a very, um, not so happy Christmas morning surprise. Our A/C unit has something wrong with it and we had water dripping from the ceiling in the garage . . . a shop vac, Jeff in the attic, and 20 minutes later and all was okay until we could fix the problem later.

Then we finally made it over to the Kluberdanz house for our Christmas day festivities. We started off with a delicious breakfast and then dug right into the gifts. Johnathan was the center of attention again, just where he should be, and was loving it!!


Photobucket

Now I can look just like Daddy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then I opened the best gift EVER!!! Santa left a 18-200mm Nikon lens for me at my parents house!! This is an AMAZING lens and I feel in love!! It's just perfect for everything and I could go on and on, but just know this . . . I can do close-ups from far away, be warned!! :-)

Exhibit A - just look at how crisp and clean this photo is and I'm sitting far away from them . . . oh I was in camera heaven!!!!
Photobucket

I got a close-up of everyone!!
Photobucket

Kurt got my Dad a new knife for Christmas . . . watch out!
Photobucket

Kristen told me a few weeks back "in a perfect world I would have a Macintosh computer so that I could work on all of my photos and a fish-eye lens" followed by "I know I would only use the fish-eye lens once or twice, but I just think it's so cool." So being her big sister and all, how could I let Christmas go by without at least trying to fill those requests. So at our office we happened to have a Mac that wasn't being used very often . . . by rearranging a few things and sprinkling a little pixie dust . . . Kris got her Mac and was soo happy and soo surprised it was just perfect. Next up - fish-eye lens. For those of you who don't know, those lenses are very very expensive . . . google it . . . so I got Kris a quasi-fish-eye extension for a regular lens for a lot less . . . again, she was super happy with it! So there you go . . . I gave Kris her perfect world! ;-)
Photobucket

I love my zoom lens . . .
Photobucket

love it, love it, love it
Photobucket

Look at this! A photo of Jeff and me and we are both smiling!!!! Wow!
Photobucket

What is it with Christmas in Naples . . . it's always so darn hot! Johnathan was miserable in his very cute Christmas outfit and (being the perfect mother that I am) I didn't have anything else to put him in. So Auntie Kris came to the rescue with a well timed gift, this onesie that says "I watch ESPN with my Daddy!!" How cute!!
Photobucket

Next Auntie Karen, Uncle Drew, Megan, Emily, Nikki and Magda came over for more gifts! Phhew it was a looong day!! :-)
Photobucket

After a nice nap, Johnathan was all smiles again!!!
Photobucket

Grandma likes her new purse!!
Photobucket

Smile Nikki!!!
Photobucket

Okay, more of the zoom with my new lens!
Photobucket

Then to open Johnathan's gift from Auntie Karen and Uncle Drew . . . . it was a Radio Flyer rocking horse! So cool, so much fun!!! We didn't get a chance to put it together right away, but when we did get it together Johnathan loved it (more on that later).
Photobucket

Finally we sat down to a delicious family dinner. It was my favorite meal and I just loved it. We talked about our gifts and remembered funny stories . . . and just really had a fun time.
Photobucket

After dinner we opened our stockings . . . and then we were all done!
Photobucket

I can't believe Johnathan's first Christmas is already over! It flew past us! We had the best day and can't believe all the fun things Santa got for him. Now to take care of those . . . "some assembly required" gifts . . . anyone have some extra AAA batteries? hehehe

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

what a great Christmas and great memories for you to share with JT when he gets older! Love the new camera shots!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Wow! Look at all of those presents.

What a great sister you are!

And, I love that Jeff is wearing a Coors light shirt on Christmas..it made me laugh!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP