Well, I know that saying this will get old . . . but where does the time go??? How is my little baby 1/2 a year old . . . how did we get here so quickly? I feel like I was just pregnant, just coming home from the hospital . . . just floundering through those first few days . . . and now . . . SIX MONTHS . . . I just can't believe it . . . well now that we are half way through the first year I will say I'm LOVING it! The whole Mommy thing . . . yeah I'm loving it . . . every day when I go to get Johnathan from his crib he greets me with the biggest smile . . . I so look forward to that smile every day . . . and I just stand there and look at him looking at me smiling soooo big and looking soo happy . . . then when I bring him to his changing table I can't help myself but to smother him with kisses . . . this is the BEST way to wake up . . . THIS is what being a Mama is . . . okay and I don't exactly
love changing those poopy diapers, or getting up in the middle of the night (every night, at least once or twice) to help him find his binkie . . . but its an extremely small price to pay for all the good stuff. The way he grabs for my fingers every time I give him a bottle . . . the way he looks for his Daddy when I say "Daddy's home!!!" . . . the way he giggles and smiles and coos when I play with him . . . so for a half way (through the first year) mark report . . . I LOVE being a Mommy and I love Johnathan more and more every day . . .
Also, I'm sure you're all curious as to how big Johnathan is . . . he weighed in at 19 lbs. 3 oz and 27.5 inches long . . . . 90th percentile for height and 80th for weight . . . taking after Daddy!!! Oh and P for Perfect too!!! :-)
Here's my little guy, my buddy, my son . . . oh how I love him . . .

This is his "I'm so excited I don't know how to express it" face . . .








After the morning "photo shoot" we had a nice lunch of sweet potatoes, mmmm, his favorite . . . and afternoon nap . . . and off to the see the Doctor . . . . here's Johnathan playing while waiting for the doctor . . . and waiting . . . and waiting . . .




Finally, we went in to see the doctor . . .




After all of that . . . wearing a t-shirt from Uncle Kurt . . . I think it speaks for itself!!!
If these first six months are a preview of what's to come . . . I can't wait!!!!
1 comment:
Look at my nephew!!! How adorable is he?!! Thank you SO much Nic for posting all of these pictures!! I LOVE THEM!! Each day I get to see how much bigger my nephew has gotten... I can't believe it has been 6 months!!
Post a Comment