Let's see . . .
Jeff has a group of buddies who get together on Tuesday night to bowl . . . they have fun little games like "Facial Hair February" and "Mustache March" . . . oh yea . . . so Jeff was trying to win February's game . . .
Johnathan's not a fan . . . neither was his Mama! :-)

"Dad, you gotta shave!!! Please!!!"

Contemplating how to convince his father to shave . . .

Jeff trying to bribe him with a "bottle" . . . I don't think so!! :-)

(Don't want to leave you in suspense . . . Jeff did shave (I just looked through all my photos and don't have proof) . . . his brother is getting married this weekend and I told him his new sister-in-law would probably not love the idea of his hairy face in all of the wedding photos . . . so yes he did shave, thank goodness . . . now I'm not too sure about this whole "Mustache March" business . . . we will have to see how that goes!)
The next morning I set Johnathan up to play in the living room while I got some work done in the office . . . he was happily playing along and then I heard the unmistakable sound of a CD hitting the floor . . . hmmm I didn't think we had any CD's in Johnathan's reach . . . surprise, surprise . . .

He found the CD's . . . he's not quite mobile yet, but he still knows how to get into trouble!!!
That night we had Calistoga for dinner with Uncle Kurt and Grandma Lois . . . Uncle Kurt and Johnathan always have so much fun together!
"A dog goes woof, woof!"

"Mama, this guy's hillarious!"

There's my happy little guy again!!! All smiles!!

Playing with a puppet . . .

Uncle Kurt likes to have Johnathan wear his hat . . . so cute!!

Johnathan didn't seem to mind at all!

Okay, at some point over last week . . . and I don't remember when . . . I felt like Johnathan gave me his first "hug" . . . I know it wasn't a hug hug, but it was to me! He was playing and all of a sudden got cranky, I tried to make him laugh and he just started to cry . . . so I picked him up and held him at my chest and his arms reached up around my neck and "hugged" . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I realized it was nap time so I carried him to his crib and laid him down . . he was asleep before his head hit the bed . . . and this Mama got a little emotional from the hug and cried, just a little bit! :-)
Fast forward to this past weekend . . . Johnathan's feeling 100% again . . . the weather was BEAUTIFUL so we again took full advantage of it and went to our friends pool . . . it. was. GREAT!!!
Don't let the initial reaction fool you . . . Johnathan loved the pool!

Let's get you under the shade (oh and a special shout out to Emma, thanks for letting Johnathan borrow your crab!!)

Taking it all in . . .

"daa gaaa maaa baaaa" = "I love the pool Mama!!"

Awwe! :-)

Yaay!!

Sunday was another beautiful day!!! So we went to the beach, "our place" again . . . it was great, again . . . and Johnathan really loves it! He was a little bit cranky on Sunday, but that was because I didn't get his lunch together fast enough . . . I'm so happy I have a baby who loves the beach, he likes sitting and relaxing . . . okay so he did try to eat some sand, but he will learn it doesn't taste that great AND I do want to say that while at the pool and beach he was covered in 70+ SPF lotion . . . no sun burnt baby thank you very much!!!
Look at these smiles!!! My happy baby . . . I love you so much!!



We were so lucky to have Auntie Kristen down from Tampa for a visit!! She came to the beach and Johnathan was so happy!! He missed her dearly!!! (okay Kris, send the photos you took so I can get them up here!!!) :-)

Okay, finally I'm feeling caught up!!! We've got a great weekend ahead of us! Uncle Andy is going to marry Aunt Victoria and we are sooo excited to be there and part of it!! More photos to come!!!!
4 comments:
So fun. I love catching up.
And, seriously, you are at the beach. Don't rub it in or anything. And, the pool! So jealous.
I sent the pictures! Get them up there!! My nephew is too cute! Can't wait to see you all again this weekend!
What great photos! First of all, Aaron plays games like Jeff does, except he plays by himself and it's just mostly Everyday Long Hair Game or For A Few Months, Let's Try to Grow a Mustache. ugggh!!!
Also, little guys is getting so big, so handsome. He is hitting so many great milestones! Sorry to hear about sick nights. Isn't it amazing how much it makes you hurt?!?! Glad he is feeling so much better! He is lucky you're so comforting!
yah for the cute pool and beach pics. love him in the pool raft! oh have fun this weekend at the wedding!! xo
Post a Comment