Since what I do for work is nearly 100% computer work I always need to be near the computer. Some of the things I do are very time sensitive, so there is a sense of urgency too. I mainly work before Johnathan wakes up, when he is napping and after Jeff gets home from work.
Now that Johnathan is a busy little boy, the simple things that used to keep him occupied and happy no longer apply. That's why I loved Gymboree. It was once a week, it got us both out of the house for an hour and it kept Johnathan very active during that time. Well, now that Gymboree is closed I decided to come up with other quick field trips to keep us both sane!
Not having an exact plan I plopped Johnathan in the car seat and decided to go to the beach. I hadn't been to clam pass in years and thought the walk to the beach on the boardwalk would take just the right amount of time for a nice morning get away.
And it was . . .







We were gone for about an hour's time, but those 60 minutes were golden and happy and loved. Both of us were happier for going. Johnathan's morning nap was longer than usual. He woke up with bits of sand still stuck to his little fingers and toes. He ate a big lunch and was content to play at home the rest of the day, knowing our morning field trip filled his fun cup for the day.
While I know how important it is for me to work and get things done in a timely manner, I also know how important it is to make sure I take time out for myself and my son. If you have an idea for a fun field trip, let me know! For now, I'll talk walking to the beach and playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment