Thursday, July 15, 2010

One thousand four hundred and sixty

Photobucket

Today we celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. And what an amazing ride it has been! We've been through a lot, much more than I ever could have imagined but this whole time you've been right by my side never once wavering your support or love. For 1,460 days we've been husband and wife and I couldn't have asked for a better partner in life. Walking through life with you is the most exciting adventure I've ever been on . . . I can't wait to see what the next 25,000 or so days has in store for us!

I recently read an article about the language of marriage and it's so us! We might not have any memories associated with serrated knives, but we've got MUSH. Mush has really gotten us through a lot of conversations, one of my favorite is your answer of "we'll mush what mushes" which could really mean a ton of things. Then there's "don't be mushy" or "can you hand me the mush" "where's the mush" or plain old "MUSHY". And what's the best is that I totally understand you. I get it when you say "oh that's the actor from that movie with the thing at the end" I know who you are talking about and really it's not that guy but the other one, you make the mistake often. I love that we have that, we have that familiar point of reference with out explanation and complete understanding. How refreshing that I can yell "we are totally out of" and you stop me mid sentence and answer with "it's in the cabinet in the room". How lucky that we can have an entire conversation of half sentences and get it. Does life get any better?

You are always the soft place for me to fall. I remember when I was six months or so pregnant with Johnathan I was having an especially hormonally emotional day. I was "freaking out" to put it lightly. I was standing up ranting and raving about a million things at once, crying and muttering, probably not making much sense at all. You sat there listening to me and not interrupting once, when I was done and stopped long enough to take a breath, you opened your arms, patted the spot next to you on the couch and said "come here and sit with me", you wrapped your arms around me and said "it's all going to be okay, we can do this, you and me, we can get through anything". And of course I cried even more, but tears of happiness at that point because I knew you were right. We can get through anything, you and me, we've got it under control and even when we don't, we fake it till we make it.

I still find it amazing, how much we have grown together over the years. Life has certainly thrown some awful curve balls our way, some real doozies recently, but somehow instead of tearing us apart or driving a wedge between us it's done just the opposite. Every bit of bad news or trying moment has only strengthened us, poured another layer on our foundation, made us more of a team than ever before. I am so grateful that we fight together on the same team for the same things. And when we do disagree we do it right. You promised me when we were dating for less than a month that you would never raise your voice to me, that no matter what happened we could always get through disagreements like adults speaking to each other with respect and you have kept that promise all these years later.

I have to tell you I think you were much smarter than me when you asked me to marry you. You must have known something I didn't because even though I said yes with 100% certainty and I have never had a second thought about it, I really didn't know how perfect we are for each other. There are times when I think "well here we go, this isn't going to be fun at all" but you just know exactly what to do and how to put things right again. You know me so well that I sometimes think you know me better than I know myself. I find that so comforting and ever more so, you still love me for all of it.

Today we celebrate four years of marriage and I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to you. I love you with all of my heart and always will.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kris said...

Happy Anniversary! Heres to many happy & healthy years to come! I love the pictures... your wedding was SO much fun! Good memories!

The Jones Family said...

ok, seriously...so sweet and touching to read. keep doing what you guys are doing...together! wishes for continued happiness and togetherness..always.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP