Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pot-Luck and Park Playdate

John's school had a pot luck dinner the other night. It was a fun way for us parents to meet each other, watch the friendships our kids have and enjoy some yummy food. John was very excited to show us how much he loves the sand table. He played there for almost the whole time we were there, a few of his friends would come and go and play with him for a little.

Here he is with his buddy Miguel, what a cutie! Watch out John don't fall in!
Photobucket

Then we grabbed a plate of food for dinner, since there was a long line I grabbed a chocolate chip cookie for dessert, but John was not hearing it. He wanted the cookie for dinner . . . so I gave in and let him have it, what's the point of rules if you can't break them once in a while? ps - do you see I actually got a photo of Jeff smiling!?!
Photobucket

Then John said the words that are music to my ears "Take a picture to me Mommy, a picture TO ME! Cheese!" I didn't even have to ask! He likes me to take his picture and then show it to him. I love it! And I know I'm totally biased, but isn't he such a cutie with his jeans, sneakers and sweatshirt? Seems to me like a very big boy outfit for some reason.
Photobucket

Then I planned a morning in the park and emailed all my friends to come and join us. I did say that it was very casual and no need to RSVP, but I guess I should have checked that it was a good day for everyone because other than my mom, sister, cousin, John and me, no one else showed up. Oh well! There's always next time and we had a blast. I think there was another playdate going on there because there were lots of other kids and parents running around too!

Having a quick snack and sip of water
Photobucket

John started doing something very cute and funny that day, he would narate what he was doing "Mommy I'm running, I'm RUNNING!!" "Mommy I'm playing, I'm climbing and playing!!!" With LOTS of enthusiasm. Love it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here John is with "Mingy" Nikki, our cousin, the have a great time playing together!!
Photobucket

Woah!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John started showing signs of wanting to leave and getting a little tired. Although its getting more and more difficult for me to hold and carry Johnathan, how could I resist a weepy "Hold you Mommy"?! Thanks to my sister for getting some photos of John and me. I'm usually never in the photos!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Kris said...

We had such a great time at the park! I can't believe how big Johnathan is getting! Can't wait to see you guys for Thanksgiving.
Love you,
Kris :)

The Manrings said...

yah for potluck dinners and park trips. we wish we had made it to the park playdate....its the first time we've missed!! looks like you guys had a lot of fun. cant wait to see you soon and your growing baby belly too. hi to jt!! xo

Ashley said...

I really, really, really want to come to one of these playdates! Sorry I keep missing.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP