Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We started the day off with John wanting to play on the computer. He sometimes asks to "see John on puter" and that means he wants to play with the laptop camera. He gets a big kick out of seeing himself on the screen!


We started the morning off with a delicious breakfast at my mom's house. We enjoyed watching the parade as all the food was being prepared.
Photobucket

Quick photo of Jeff and me, thinking about it now, I'm not sure how many photos of just the two of us we have now that John's around!
Photobucket

We enjoyed the beautiful weather by sitting out on the lanai, living in Florida certainly has its perks!
Photobucket

Auntie Kristen is usually helping me take so many of these pictures I'm glad she finally was able to get in one of them. John really loved playing at his "workshop" with all of his helpers!
Photobucket

Photobucket

After a yummy breakfast we went home for John to nap and to get ready for dinner with Jeff's family. We enjoyed dinner at the Meerpohl house this year. 
Photobucket

Hanging around in the kitchen waiting for everything to be ready.
Photobucket

Watching Uncle Jim carve the turkey. I have to admit I usually don't like turkey, even on thanksgiving, now I'm not sure whether it's the fact that I'm pregnant or the fact that they brined the bird for 24 hours, but the turkey was delicious!
Photobucket

Another quick family photo, I love how you can see the baby bump in this one!
Photobucket

Here we all are sitting around the table, Jim set up a tripod so we ALL could be in the photo!Photobucket
We have so much to be thankful for this year and I think it's wonderful to set aside a special day to realize how good life is.

I can't leave out the fun we had leading up to Thanksgiving! The weekend before Jeff, John and I went to the Naples Zoo for some early morning fun. It felt like we were the only people in the place and all the animals were very awake and active, it was wonderful. It was also a very big day for us, we decided to not take the stroller and let John walk the entire time. A big risk, if you ask me, but he loved it! He was running from place to place enjoying every minute of it. Just another reminder of how big my little boy is getting!

Speaking of getting big, check out that belly! :-)
Photobucket

One of John's favorite things to do at the Zoo is to feed the fish and look for turtles. We found a little bench and fed the fish and birds for a while. John loved it!
Photobucket

Another very exciting thing to celebrate this Thanksgiving weekend was that Jeff's brother Matt was in town. We haven't seen him since August and we definitely missed him! We are so proud of Matt, he is already a paramedic and now he is working on becoming a fire fighter, just before he came down he found out he passed a big test that brings him that much closer to his goal. To celebrate we had a special dinner together.
Photobucket

As this wonderfully long weekend comes to an end I can't help but think what a great time it's been. Not only is the holiday season in full gear, but we have a very big day coming up on Monday. We have our 20 week check-up when we get to find out if we are having a girl or boy. I can not wait. I know it's not good to wish your life away, but I have to say that the sting of going back to work on Monday will definitely be softened a LOT by the anticipation of the big appointment that afternoon. Of course I will update here with all of the information as soon as I can. All we can ask for is a healthy baby that is growing on track, anything more than that is just the icing on the cake!

1 comment:

The Manrings said...

wow nicole, so much to celebrate! glad you were able to be together as a family and make special memories for johnathan! love the pic of you and him at the zoo....so cute and pregnant!! can't wait to hear your exciting news this afternoon. boy or girl, girl or boy. yippeeee!!! xoxo

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP