Sunday, February 20, 2011

What we've been up to lately . . .

Life has been busy recently! In addition to the normal buzz of every day life we have also been to at least one party a weekend for the past three weeks. It's been great to be included in all of these wonderful celebrations!! We have a great group of friends and to be with them during their special times is really great! Let's see what we've been up to lately . . .

The last weekend of January was all about Swamp Buggy races. We have a good time out there people watching and cheering on the big swamp buggy's. Last year John wasn't that into it all, but now he get's really excited about the big "monster trucks", how loud they are and how they kick up the muddy water as they drive around the track. It was beautiful weather both days!

Oh and I got John some Buzz Lightyear sunglasses, he loved them!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love it when I can get into a photo with my little guy!
Photobucket

So John might not look so happy right here . . . he got nervous climbing on the buggy, but didn't want to get off in the end.
Photobucket


Next up we went to a very special little girl's first birthday. We had a great time celebrating Katherine's big day! Not only did Katherine just turn one, she is also going to be a big sister pretty soon. Her Mama and one of my best friends, Keri, and I are due a week apart. It's been so special sharing this experience with her!!

Birthday girl with her Mama and Daddy
Photobucket

The big kids enjoying the cupcakes and juice boxes
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went out back for some fun running on the golf course
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Auntie Kris was in town and we were able to have a fun morning over at Grandma Lolus's house.
Photobucket

The following weekend was another special first birthday party for a big cheeked little boy who seems to always be happy and smiling! Ross's bday was a big success with a fun bounce house and dinosaur theme. John even wore his dinosaur shirts for the big day!
Photobucket

Photobucket

John was also very excited about the juice boxes (a new favorite because he can drink through the straw) and animal crackers. I swear we feed him at home!
Photobucket

 Photobucket

And then it was time for cake, Ross had a room full of people cheering him on as he dove head first into his cake!
Photobucket

Somehow between all of that fun and excitement, we have also been able to have some good fun at home. John and I made some yummy sugar cookies together. I really enjoyed being able to do such a fun activity with John and I was impressed that he stuck with it and really helped me the whole time. I will admit that I cheated and used a box mix, all we had to do was add eggs and butter, but I also knew that a 2 year olds attention span is about 3.2 seconds so it really was the best decision.

Hands washed and ready to go!
Photobucket

Eggs in
Photobucket

Butter next
Photobucket

Stir, stir, stir and then scoop and put on the cookie sheet
Photobucket

We sat and watched the cookies bake in the oven. That's one of John's favorite things to do, turn on the oven light and watch dinner or, in this case cookies, cook. Only 10 minutes later and voila! Home made sugar cookies!

This is John's smily face these days!
Photobucket

And of course he had to try one!
Photobucket

After we baked our cookies it was time to make Valentines for school. I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for first remembering to buy Valentines for John to give out and then that we actually filed them out BEFORE Valentines day. I think I'm turning into a teacher with all of this being prepared stuff. :-)

Jeff's perspective, he is tall huh?
Photobucket

Photobucket

All done!
Photobucket

Photobucket

After a fun filled afternoon John just wanted to lay down and relax as he watched some TV, I can't blame the kid . . . isn't he just too cute?!
Photobucket

Oh I can't miss the opportunity to do a little update on baby Shannon too!
Photobucket

As you can see, I'm getting pretty big! So big, in fact, that my doctor wants to do another sonogram to see exactly how big little Shannon is! I go in next week for a check-up, I'm going every two weeks now, to see if Shannon might be here before her due date. There haven't been any complications or problems at all and I am so grateful for that. The only thing is that I keep on measuring a few weeks ahead. Also, over the past two weeks, I have been feeling cramps or maybe they are Braxton Hicks now and then. I have been on my feet a LOT more than my last pregnancy so I think that definitely has something to do with it. As long as they tell me that I am healthy and that Shannon is healthy I am happy to welcome her into the world whenever she is ready!

I'm sure there will be lots to update on soon so make sure you check in next week! :-)

2 comments:

The Manrings said...

yah for a happy update from the sponsellers....the baking pics are adorable and how special to have baby shannon in your belly at the same time. you are making memories with johnathan and thats the best! you are radiating nicole....such a pretty pregnant girl!! cant wait to hear how your next checkup goes! xo

The Jones Family said...

fun times, happy faces, great belly! great update always love hearing what you guys are up to!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP