John and I really enjoy cooking together. He grabs his big blue bucket, brings it to the kitchen and gets to work! His favorite is counting the eggs and stiring.

Shannon enjoying her dinner . . .

We have found the messier she gets the happier she is!

I was very anxious about this years visit to Santa. John has never really been a fan of Santa Claus and really I can't blame him, but I was really hoping for a good experience for both of them this year. (Let's see how many times I can use the word really in a sentence, really?! really!)
We got them dressed nicely and went to Santa's workshop (aka Bass Pro Shops)

(yes, I made the hat!)

Oh boy!

Unfortunately the line was moving slooooowly and we didn't want to push it, so we decided to come back on a day when we could go right in and meet Santa. Also, we could smell a Shannon meltdown coming on, can you sense it too??

It was so much fun to be invited to a special holiday party for Shannon's "class" at "school". The older kids made apple sauce, there was festive music and there was a fun craft for the

Love this smile so much it hurts!!

Here is Shannon and her teacher Miss Makayla. We love Miss M because she loves our little girl up when we can't. She knows Shannon, she hugs and kisses and plays with her and we are very grateful for Miss M!!

Think Shannon liked the apple sauce?

As is with tradition, Jeff put up our Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving when I was out shopping with the kids. There is definitely something to be said to come home to a festive and decorated tree to get you in the spirit!! John needed no help getting into the spirit!

And then there's this . . . self explanitory I think!

John's holiday party was up next.

Can't help but laugh at this one!! (his lips are red from a pink sugar cookie)

Showing off his bike skills

John and Miss Milexi, another teacher who we absolutely love. The love she has for her "students" is undeniable. She scoops up her "John John" and loves on him in such a special way. She's also the person behind a very funny story with John. I recently asked him what he likes to be called, Johnathan? John? John John? and he wouldn't really answer so I finally said "When you get to school in the morning do they call you John, John John or Johnathan?" his response was priceless . . . "No Mommy! They call me Buenos Dias!!!!" hehehe I couldn't make it up if I tried!!

John is lucky enough to have TWO teachers, equally as loved and lovely! Miss Lissett!

We had a quick visit to my Mom's house . . . as always she set up the village and John was totally enthralled!

So happy that Grandma and Donny got in on this one too!

Okay so back to Santa's workshop to meet the big guy! And I couldn't have asked for a better reaction. Neither one of them cried one bit. John even TALKED to Santa!!! Really I just kept saying thank you to Santa over and over again! The photos might not be great, but I will never forget how well it went!!



Afterwards we hung out and played with some toys.


Can't remember why or where but Jeff and I snuck out for a fun date night. Had to get a photo to prove that we do clean up nice!

Then Shannon proved that old saying that kids grow up way too fast. One minute she was sitting playing with her toys and the next this? Do you see the look on her face?! Fiesty!!

I'm stading and I know it!

**Side note - John sings "look at that potty, look at that potty, look at that potty, watch out!"**
Here are a few actions shots of Shannon showing off her mobile skills. I love that my kids are playing on the same awful green cushions that Jeff and his brothers played on when they were little.






There were some chilly mornings and I LOVED the opportunity to bundle them up!

This is after Shannon's bundle and before John's and apparently John was very happy about this toy!

Shannon moving a grooving on a fun sit and go toy.

Also, who says you can only play with one toy at a time? And tractors, girls get to play with them too!!


I'm pretty sure this was the first night of our Winter Break . . . nicely celebrated by running free in "our" side yard . . . weeeeeee!

Daddy showing John some baseball skills!


Once again Shannon was all over the place! Why do we even buy toys? Car seat turned into obstacle course: objective get in and out, turn, go back in and out!






John what do you think about all of this?

Oh being on Winter Break was simply lovely. We enjoyed every single minute of it!!! In fact I really think that if we worked all summer and had the rest of the year off all would be well with the world! Who's with me?? Any who . . .
Playing together

Teething

Board Games

And Books . . .


All of this brings us to Christmas Eve . . . which will be in another post! More to come soon!!
2 comments:
love reading your posts from the holidays and how much fun those two precious kiddies are having. looks like all the toys and books and games are so fun! love shannon all bundled up and the sitting on santa's lap experience. priceless!!
I've been WAITING for another post! great shots! good times! can't believe how big the kids are! They are frickin adorable! xoxo
Post a Comment