It makes my mommy heart break to think that she is getting farther and farther away from that sweet little newborn that we took home from the hospital, but I am overjoyed that she is growing into an awesome and fiesty little girl.
The day before her birthday I snapped a few photos to remember my not quite yet one year old . . .



Shannon had officially taken her first few steps a few days earlier, here she is showing off! First to get into proper position . . .

Then one foot in front of the other . . .

And then back to just hanging out

Shannon woke up the next day on her birthday with a little extra spunk, I think she knew it was her special day!

In the morning we decided to dye Easter eggs as a fun activity, she had a special birthday outfit ready to go!

We set up outside since the weather was so nice!

Shannon the dare devil!

John and Daddy took over once things got a little messy!


John really showing his patience here, he was r.e.a.l.l.y. trying!



Before we knew it they were all dyed and looking beautiful!


We put the kids down for a nap and then it was time for Shannon's big party!
Shannon's party outfit was beautiful! The tutu was lovingly made by her Aunt Victoria!



Our happy family!

Me and my girl :)

Shannon and Aunt Toria

We set up a fun bounce house, Shannon wasn't too sure about it at first, but eventually really started to enjoy it!



Especially when big brother came in and played too!

Uncle Kurt and the birthday girl!

Grandma Bert and Great Grandma Betty

Great Grandma Doris

All the "Greats"

Grandma Lolus

Auntie Kris and Nick

Grandma Bert and Papa

We set up a fun bubble and craft table for some of the bigger kids to play at.


There was a fun swing too!

The Grandma's love!!

Love these girls, can't believe we all have babies now!!

Aunty Karen

Then it was time for the group photo . . .

Shannon decided to show of her almost walking skills too!


Birthday song and cake time!!!!










The other kiddos had some cup cakes :)


Big kids liked the cupcakes too!

After a quick shower Shannon was back to hang out with her cousin!

Shannon how does it feel to be one year old???

The party was coming to an end . . .



Daddy and Nonnies, love this!

The birthday girl!


And everyone got a few of these. :)

It was a very special and fun day celebrating our sweet little girl turning on year old.
Shannon I don't want to forget these special things about you as a big girl one year old:
You started walking just before your first birthday, just like your big brother, although you prefer to crawl to get places. You are a quick crawler and it doesn't bother you to go over things, crawl outside on concrete or through the grass. If you are after something, nothing gets in your way. You are pretty good at it too, you can crawl up the slide and then slide down on your belly over and over again.
You have a no fear attitude when it comes to doing new things. Even if you hurt yourself you are ready to try again and go back for more. While John prefers to get his pinky toe wet first you cannon ball into the deep end without a care in the world.
You are a fiesty one when you don't get your way. Your body (has always) literally goes red when you get angry and you let it be known that you are upset. You mash your fists and kinda grunt in frustration. Mommy knows exactly how you feel, by the way, I think you get this from me!
On the other hand, you are sooooo lovey. You are quick to hug and (open mouth) kiss everyone you love. You will crawl over to me or Daddy and lay you head down with your arms out to snuggle or show us affection.
Your slowly finding your words but some that you can definitely say are Dada, as in DADAAAAA?!?!, Mama, Baby (Baybeh?), more, and I-you or I-do for I love you. Mainly you get your point across with charades or pointing.
Your giggle and laugh . . . the best sounds in the world, that come in a very close second to the sound of you AND John hysterically laughing about something that I could never begin to understand.
You love and look up to your big brother. It took a while for you guys to really play together but now you definitely love being together. You look for him the minute you wake up and he always asks about where you are too. You play nicely until you both want the same thing and then it's a bit of a stand off because you are both so darn stubborn. You easily hug and snuggle each other. And John always tells you nigh night when it is your bedtime.
You have been on a funny schedule of going to bed at 6ish and then having a 10pm bottle. I know we should encourage you to sleep through the night but I look forward to that 10:00 bottle every night. It's quiet time for you and me and I love it. You wrap your arm around my body, close your eyes and melt into me. Sometimes I just sit and watch you, your sweet little body, cute nose and lips and I have to pinch myself to think that yes I really get to have a daughter as awesome as you.
The difference a year makes . . .


Shannon you are so very loved. This first year has been nothing short of amazing. You, my dear, are going places! It's an honor to be your Mommy and cheer you on along the way.
2 comments:
I swear you just had her. I can't believe she's already one!
And, mad did she go to town on that cake. Love it.
what a great post nicole!!!!! it feels like yesterday we were celebrating her first birthday. it was such a wonderful party all bright and sunny and cheerful! loooove the pic of the three of you at the little picnic table at your house and the ones of shannon in her beautiful yellow birthday outfit. all the kids had so much fun!!! xoxo
Post a Comment