All of THAT is to say that starting in June I was able to easily keep my good camera photos and phone photos together chronologically so there are a LOT more photos now! Yay! :)
If you are still with me . . . let's take a look at June, shall we?
Oye ve! We started off June with a very sad good-bye to an amazing woman who was Shannon's second Mommy for a very long time, Mikaela. It makes me sad now to even think about it. I heard that she was moving in mid May and it was for a very good reason and I knew she had to go, but I dreaded that day very much. Shannon loved Mikaela and I know that the feeling was mutual. As much as Shannon was happy to see me when I would go to pick her up, she still lingered a bit with Miss Mikaela and gave her extra hugs and kisses before coming to me. It made me happy and warmed my heart to see that Miss M loved Shannon right back so much and I knew that even though I couldn't be with Shannon she was still getting all sorts of Momma love all day long. So with a heavy heart I walked in, gave Mikaela a gift and hugged her good-bye. We were a mess of tears!! I was honestly more sad for Shannon because she had no idea and could not even comprehend this type of good-bye. Then to top off the waterworks, I had found a wonderful idea on Pinterest where you get the book "Oh the Places You'll Go!" by Dr. Seuss and have each of your children's teachers write a note to them so that you can give your child the book on the day they graduate high school. So of course I asked Mikaela to write Shannon a note since she was her first ever teacher. I still can't read it without tearing up. We miss you Mikaela and hope to be able to visit and keep in touch through the years. You were a very important part of Shannon's life and I will never let her forget it!!!


Moving on . . . . we had two very fun park days
And as you can see I learned how to make photo videos too! So much fun!
Summer was on the horizon and we could almost taste it we were so eager to be free of school and schedules!
We had a fun pool day . . . Shannon showed that she LOVED the water from the start and John was a bit hesitant, testing the waters (literally) before diving in!



And then . . . it was summer!!!!! I decided I should celebrate the last day of school!!

The next day we enjoyed a morning to ourselves! It was really nice to be together just the two of us!

And then that night we went to the beach for a pizza picnic!
In the car on the way



Grandma Lois came along too!






We enjoyed another pool day, the days were only getting hotter!!




And then John found a happy little turtle. He loves critters!!



And then we went BOWLING!!! What an awesome idea! The weather was rainy and yuck, the kids were restless so we signed up for this "kids bowl for free" thing and enjoyed a nice air conditioned activity, which was the cherry on top!






At the bowling alley you can upgrade to the VIP section. The first time we went the nice girl at the register upgraded us with a wink telling us we would probably like it better. They have leather couches instead of plastic seats, they dim the lights and play 90s music. It was nice! Shannon found a spot, found the snacks and was very happy!


It was only a week into summer and we were loving life!!!
2 comments:
wowza that was a lot of blog posts....way to go!!!! i love looking at all the pictures and all the fun summer adventures. the pics of john with the turtle and fishing with his daddy are priceless. ohhhh and you will always remember how much fun driveway activities were like the water table and bubbles. so homey and fun!
had to take a double take at the pictures then and now of mrs. sponseller and the three cousins...so amazing!! and easter with the big cousins dying eggs, cute!! btw the pic of you holding the birthday cake is my favorite..you look so pretty! keep up the new blog posts. xoxo
ps. love that that tub with colorful letters on it seemed to be in a lot of pictures or in the background....maybe a favorite toy (thats not really a toy, hehehe)?????
Post a Comment