We started the day thinking we were going boating but decided to visit Tallulah Gorge instead. The view was always amazing where ever we drove!!

Tallulah Gorge is a state park where people camp and hike all the time. It was great to get out and stretch our legs. Such beautiful scenery all around!!


John, Bert and "the other Bert"

We took the .25 mile hike . . . and it was still a struggle!

I did mention the hike part right?!



Then there was this, we lost a few of the old folks who prefered to sit and watch us struggle two strollers around!


A little while later and we were at a clearing where we could see the gorge. It was gorge-ous! lol



The view

Big boy! Yeah this didn't make me nervous at all. ha!



Then we left hungry for lunch. We found a restuarant on the side of the road. Admittedly I was a bit nervous, but I had possibly the most delicious burger of my life here!!


John sat at the counter with Bern and her sisters. :)

Nonnies was with us.


Then it was back "home" for naps. There was a Piggly Wiggly off the side of the road, down the hill. Found it funny, not sure why

Then while the kids napped, Jeff and I got a chance to sneak away and go horseback riding. The day before was our 6th wedding anniversary and we thought it would be fun to have a little "date" just the two of us. :) My horse's name was Toby and I must have looked a little nervous because the people there took one look at me and said "oh yeah give her Toby!" I asked if Toby was good with beginners since this was my first time ever on a horse and they told me that Toby was the BEST with begginers "why earlier today he took a blind man on a ride, you shouldn't have no problems with him ma'am." So Toby was GREAT with me, so calm and gentle . . . and it was very appropriate that Toby was ummm shall we say gassy? The horse tooted his way up and down and around the trail, Jeff was in tears behind me. Couldn't tell whether it was from the smell or the fact that he blamed each and every one on me! Our guide's name was Montana, such a great guy! Answered all of my questions, so polite and let us enjoy this fun time together.

By the time we were done with our trip I was ready to buy a horse and move to the mountains. Something about being on such a big animal. I found it so calming and yet exciting, theraputic for sure. The rush of adrenaline knowing that I had ridden a horse on the mountains really stuck with me. I am so glad Jeff and I took time to do that. The views were amazing, but I didn't want to worry about photographing anything, I decided to be present and enjoy it all without the click click click of my camera.
Back at the cabin we had a lazy night just relaxing and enjoying each other's company.

Day 6
We decided to take John "mining" for gems that day. It would be a quick trip to North Carolina to get there. I don't think anyone realized how quick it would actually be. The North Carolina line was literally a 5 minute drive away! Yay for another state on our trip!!

I loved the views while we (Jeff) drove!!


After someone (Bob) got us all a little lost, we finally found a fun little "mining" place.


There was this long line of metal things that allowed water to flow slowly down so you could sort your bucket.


We bought a few buckets and let John go to work!



We had a man help us determine what was what. John found all sorts of gems and was thrilled the most when he found "real pirate poker chips" which were placed in there for kids to find and use in the "treasure store". Funny note, John found "smokey quartz" which the guy told me was named so because it smelled like smoke. So of course I started smelling the stone . . . ha ha ha gullible tourist joke. Then John found "rose quartz" I didn't smell that one though!
Here's John picking out his treasures!

Then we went into the store to look through all of John's findings. This man was so nice to John! Spoke to him like a grown up and explained everything, and I mean everything, in great detail. John was thrilled!

John actually found some Ruby's, crazy right! Jeff talked to the guy and asked for them to be cleaned so that I could have a necklace and earings. :)
We had lunch at a fun gazeboo outdoor place where Bob broke a chair and John introduced Scarlett to his "phone"

On the way home we decided to give fishing another shot. We went to another stocked pond place called "Andy's fish farm". We thought it was perfect! We were planning our delicious fish dinner for that night on the way there! This fish farm was technically in North Carolina although we had to drive back through Georgia to get there.

It was beautiful!

Oh and then it started to pour rain . . . We thought (being from a place where rain lasts a total of 5 minutes) that we would wait it out at the little cabin "store", but the rain only got worse.



And once again the view was amazing!


So we got our supplies and decided to fish in the rain!

We had to walk down a windy, wet and definitely not new walkway in the rain.

Then over some grass to another half broken cement "bridge" that would have never passed any sort of safety inspection!

Finally another little way to the pond and a little covered area with random "seats" here and there. Honestly it couldn't have been more perfect!!


And we waited

And tried a new location and waited

And then Mommy came to stand with John and we waited some more

Uncle Andy tried and we waited

Then Daddy and John went to another pond and waited some more

And then back to the first pond to wait some more

We waited until our waiting was out
And during that whole time we caught exactly zero fish! :(

I think we had Bubba burgers that night and packed up to go on the next part of our vacation which would start the next day!
The next morning before we said good-bye to our cabin, I took a few photos to remember the special place and how much fun we had there!



Hi John!

Hi Shannon!

Although we were sad to say good-bye to the cabin we were very excited to get going on the next part of our trip! We were making our way to Orlando but taking lots of stops along the way!!
No comments:
Post a Comment