He reached out for the book and his pinkie finger caught the paper wrong . . . . PAPER CUT!!!
He started his "I'm hurt" cry . . . his pinkie was covered in blood . . . Mommy 911 kicked in and I calmy and cooly handled the situation . . . okay and I cried with him a little bit too . . . I held him as close as possible without actually growing my arms and body around him and I held his pinkie with a burpie cloth and rocked and rocked till we both cried it out and felt better.
Daddy was right there with a band-aid and a "take it like a man" pep talk . . . and Johnathan did, he was really okay, it was a very tiny cut, and I think even the band-aid was overkill . . . but you can never be too sure, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment