Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ValentiMes day . . .

I know I know, but Jeff always calls it ValentiMes . . . so that's what it is in our house . . .

We woke up after taking care of our sick baby all night and had plans to go see Grandpa Bob and the local car show on 5th Avenue, Johnathan seemed to be doing a bit better after his morning nap, so we packed up and headed out . . .

Photobucket

That is a Lamborghini S.U.V . . . I didn't even know they made one! There were so many crazy cars! Lots of people . . . the distraction worked great and Johnathan was a very happy baby again!

Later that night we had made reservations at one of our favorite restaurants for an early dinner with all three of us . . . as it got close to our reservation time I realized that there was no way we could bring a sick baby out to dinner on Valentimes day . . . no way . . . so we did a plan B and ordered take out from the same restaurant . . . it worked out just fine! And it gave up the opportunity to do something new . . . . Johnathan's first real bath . . . he LOVED it . . . that is until he started feeling sick again . . . oh how I hate the common cold/flu bug thing!!

Here are a few of Johnathan loving his first real bath . . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He splashed and splashed and laughed and giggled and loved it!! We changed him into his PJ's and hoped for a nice full night of sleep . . . nope . . . up all night again . . . the night time seemed the worst . . . . but we just took turns holding and rocking our baby and taking care of him . . . I remember very clearly when I was younger and sick and my mother would say to me "if I could feel sick instead of you I would in a second" . . . I never knew how she felt until now . . . if I could have felt ten times worse than Johnathan for ten times as long I would in a second just so that he wouldn't feel one second of sick . . . . well we did our same routine of Tylenol and bottle and rocking and made it through another night . . .

2 comments:

The Manrings said...

i'm so glad he is feeling better and you made it through his first cold. all that rocking and nurturing sure helped him...cute pics in the bath too. xo

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I just love the ones in the bathtub with his hands in his mouth.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP