Yesterday was a very special day. My amazing husband put together a very nice surprise for me. He got all of our friends to come to the beach to help me celebrate my birthday early. I thought it was just a normal day at the beach. Well Bernie and Bob came, so did my brother and then my Mom and Kristen (and her friend Kendra) came too! I knew something was up then. Then Jeff calls everyone's attention to say that he wanted to give me an early birthday present. He handed me this photo . . . .

It's an image of a Nikon D90!!!! I was using a Nikon D50 up to now and it is a wonderful camera that I love very much . . . but a D90 is like my camera on steriods. The best comparison I've heard is that the D50 is like a 4 cylinder car and the D90 is like a V12 . . . they both are basically the same thing (a camera) but the newer one is so totally better than the older one. I was on cloud nine when he told me that I was getting one. Then my sister told me that Jeff had been planning this for a while and that there were many emails back and forth, lots of planning!! This new Nikon D90 is quite the luxury item, so it's from everyone in my entire family . . . and I'd be happy if this was my only birthday present for years and years to come.
Yesterday was sooo windy and really not the best beach day so we called it a day pretty early. I wanted to drive to the store to get the camera right then and there, but we waited until this morning. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve all last night and this morning!!! We got to the store and I said the words I never thought I would get to say "We are here to buy the Nikon D90!!!" The man at the store gave me a great 101 on all the new features of this camera and I won't bore you with all of it, but just know . . . it's cool and I'm in heaven . . . did I tell you the camera also takes video???
I am so thankful to all my friends who braved the sand storm yesterday to help me enjoy my early birthday celebration. I am also so very, very thankful to my whole family for buying me the best present ever. And I am most thankful for my husband who put it all together. He is just such a great man, I feel very lucky to call him mine!!!
And now . . . . I will attempt to bring you all up to speed on our lives for the past few weeks. I will schedule a post a day for the next week or so, which will actually work out really well because Jeff, Johnathan and I are going on our first vacation a week from Monday! We will be traveling down to the Keys with our great friends Keri and Joe for an entire week of rest, relaxation, sun and fun!!
2 comments:
What a great present. I so wish this one was out when I bought mine (with the video function)! WTG Jeff!
Happy Birthday!
Sounds like a perfect day! We got the invite for the beach, but I had to go into work yesterday to make all my sub plans. Let's all get to the beach again soon, though!
Post a Comment