Last weekend (well actually two weekends ago) was a great weekend! We really enjoyed all of Naples. We acted like tourists and it was so much fun. We kinda floated through the weekend like we were on vacation and made spontaneous decisions on what to do . . . the best part was that we didn't let chores get in the way . . . not one load of laundry was done, the dishes sat where they were, Brutus hair became tumble weeds through the house . . . and you know what . . . sometimes it's okay to let that happen so that you don't take away from one minute of fun! Weekends have really become our get away time . . . the weeks are always so full of responsibility and "have to's" that when it's Saturday or Sunday we do what we want and I love it that way!!
Friday night . . . spent with our great friends Keri and Joe . . . drank some beers, ate some great food and laughed a whole lot . . .
This is Jeff taking photos of Keri and me . . . real flattering huh?
Finally a good one!
Little Bugger was soo good, he loved playing with the paper table cloth and "chatting" with everyone who passed by . . .
Saturday we went to the Naples Zoo . . . it was Collier County citizen free day, so we said "why not?" and we were off! Both Jeff and I could not remember the last time we were there . . . we were excited to show Johnathan all the animals . . . but to be honest I think he has to be a little older to really understand it all, he was a trooper though and looked around taking it all in . . . he loves activity so he was very happy
You are here . . .
Should we see the Lions, Tigers or Alligators first?
"I'm ready Mama!"
Yikes!!!
Cheese! :-)
Feeding time . . .
Some sort of monkey . . . I forget the name . . .
On the boat, Johnathan would follow and look where I was pointing at all the animals and was smiley and jumping up and down on my lap . . . he just loves to be out and see new things . . .
After the boat tour we saw the bigger animals . . . the sleepy lion . . .
The very active Tiger . . . I was suprised he was up and walking around . . .
It was fun going to the Zoo and I heard that they have bears coming soon, I think we will try and get there on as many free days as we can . . .
Later that day we went to my cousin Nikki's 7th birthday party at Beacon Bowl . . . Johnathan and I cheered everyone on . . .
Here's Great Grandma Doris with Johnathan, I think he was telling her all about our trip to the Zoo . . . maybe he recognized some animals from her necklace?
There's the birthday girl in the back and all her girlfriends . . . what a chatty group!! :-)
Grandma Lois and Johnathan . . . she had bought Johnathan a brand new toy! yay!
Nikki's sister's, Emily and Megan, plus their friends getting ready to bowl . . .
We stayed for a little while before Johnathan became sleepy and a bit cranky so we called it a night . . . got home and changed Johnathan into his comfy PJ's and he was out . . . he sure does love his sleep (thank goodness) . . .
What a fun and great day!! Coming up next was a fun filled Sunday . . . (pause for commercial break) . . . heheh



















1 comment:
What a fun time! We need to head to the zoo, too!
And I haven't forgotten about you!
Post a Comment