Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to life as normal . . .

It's back to life as normal here at the Sponseller House!  While our vacation was well needed and lovely, it is always nice to get back.  

Right after we got back it was Easter.  We spent the day with our families, eating, laughing and having fun.  The Easter Bunny came and left little surprises for Johnathan which was lots of fun.  Johnathan was more interested in the plastic eggs more than anything else.  (go figure!)  

The next day Jeff had off from school and I had to quickly get back on schedule to get our next magazine out the door.  The days since morphed into a nice routine that Johnathan has come up with all on his own.  He likes to get up, take his naps, have his bottles and meals, enjoy his tubby at pretty much the same time every day.  He has come pretty predictable which is great for me!  I know when to schedule phone calls, when I can get a quick shower and how much time I have to get all the important stuff done before Jeff comes home to "relieve" me of my parenting duties.  

We have had some funny things happen and lessons learned as well, such as . . . . I was enjoying some chocolate ice cream the other night and thought I would Johnathan a little taste.  He LOVED it, so I gave him a few more tastes . . . fast forward to about 20 minutes later and we experienced our first sugar high!  Johnathan was giggling so much and bouncing off the walls.  It was his bedtime, but no way now how was he ready to lay down and go to bed!  So I did what I thought was best and tickled him and laughed with him and smothered him with kisses and nuggles until he quite literally crashed asleep.  Oh it was so fun and such a great moment I could eat it up!  

We have also experienced some falls and bumps.  Johnathan is this close to standing up on his own and has mastered the art of "cruising" (walking along furniture to get from point a to point b).  I try my best not to be too protective knowing that a) he is a boy and will definitely get hurt many times over and over again and b) no matter what I do, he will fall and it will be okay.  So I sit on my hands and try to encourage him to do it on his own.  Well he falls a lot and cries and of course I comfort him and make sure there aren't any broken bones, but I try to remain calm.  That is until he fell the other night and I saw blood in his mouth.  It really wasn't bad, but I will admit I freaked out just a bit.  No more than two minutes later he was up on his feet and happy again.  Not a day goes by that he doesn't fall or bump his head/leg/arm/whatever but what I find to be very cool is that he is learning.  He is learning to be careful.  He is learning what has hurt in the past and doesn't usually repeat it.  I am amazed at how much his little brain already knows.

We have hit some milestones.  My little boy is now 9 months old.  He has officially been out of the womb for longer than he was in it.  9 months . . . and so much to show for it!  We brought him to the doctor and our little sprout has leveled off a bit and is now in the 65 - 70 percentile rather than 90-95.  I think its because he is mobile and working off those calories (he sure keeps me running around).  At 9 months Johnathan is showing more of his personality.  He is stubborn and strong and happy and definitely knows what he wants and will go after it!  Johnathan is a great sleeper, likes to snuggle, fantastic eater and overall a joy to be around.  He is always smiling and laughing and always catches the eye of just about everyone when we are out and about.  Johnathan also has two more teeth coming in on the top.  They look like they have a big space between them just like my sister and dad.  They have given him the same trouble as the bottom two and are coming in much slower.  He looks older and older each day, it's crazy!

I am now a year older, I celebrated my 28th birthday on the 28th of April.  28 is my favorite number and I guess my lucky number so I'm hoping that this will be a good year for me.  Not that I haven't already been having a great year, maybe there is more around the corner, who knows?!  Jeff and I went out to dinner just the two of us to celebrate which was really nice, we saw sunset after and even went out for drinks later on in the evening.  It was really nice to have a date with my husband, it doesn't happen often so I tried to soak in the whole night and keep it as a happy memory to go back to when I need a pick-me-up! 

So you might be asking yourself . . . yeah, yeah, yeah that's all real nice, where are the photos.  Well, my friends, my computer(s) are not working with me.  My laptop crashed last week and the Mac that I work on for work is corrupting my photos.  I'm hoping that the images are still there and that a simple something will fix it.  Cross your fingers, throw salt over your left shoulder, pray to the photo Gods, anything might help!!  

Well there you have it.  Life is continuing as normal and we are moving along enjoying the niceness of "regular" and "normal" and life!  Jeff is counting down until his Summer Break!  I'm counting down to having him home more.  Johnathan is counting down until his 1st birthday which is too close for comfort if you ask me!  

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yeah!! Johnathan has my smile - well at least the same gap between our teeth! :) Thanks for the updates - I feel like I haven't seen you all in FOREVER!!

Kris

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP