Monday, May 4, 2009

Not feeling well . . .

As I've mentioned before Johnathan is a very happy go lucky baby, he is his happiest when he first wakes up.  It's the best part of my day, going in and seeing him first thing in the morning with such a big smile.  He sits right up and reaches for me and as I pick him up to hug and snuggle him he laughs and giggles and it really is the best way to start the day.  So I knew immediately something was wrong when Johnathan was not all smiles this morning.  Not at all!  And he was HOT, as soon as I reached for him I could feel the heat radiating off of him.  I ran to get the ear thermometer, Johnathan had a fever of 102.3!  I checked it on my ear to see if it was accurate and sure enough it was.  I changed his diaper and gave him tylenol which seemed to help right away and after his bottle he seemed to be just fine.  I waited until the doctor's office opened to call and was told to alternate with Tylenol and Motrin and to push liquids but there was no need to bring him in.  

Johnathan was definitely not himself all day.  He just wanted to be held and rocked and snuggled and I was only too happy to do just that.  He slept most of the day and was generally not happy, poor baby.  He ate his dinner at the normal time and had a long tubby.  I was nervous that he wouldn't want to go to bed from sleeping all day, but he was sleepy and after his bedtime bottle was out like a light.  I hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Half way through the day his fever spiked again to 101.6, poor baby! 

DSC_0067copy-8


I left him in just his diaper to try and cool him off . . . 

DSC_0020copy-8

Not happy at all . . . 

DSC_0021copy-3


but still a cutie pie if you ask me . . .

DSC_0022copy-10

one moment he was happy  . . . 

DSC_0024copy-7

and the next sad . . . 

DSC_0036copy-4

yeah, happy . . . 

DSC_0048copy-5

and not so much fun, sad . . . 

DSC_0058copy-6

I felt so bad for him . . . 

DSC_0073copy-5

here's hoping tomorrow's a better day!!! DSC_0076copy-4  
 Oh and don't even think of mentioning the Swine Flu, I will not for a second let that thought trickle into my brain, thank you very much!  I'm sure this is just a little bug that will pass!  Send get well thoughts to Johnathan tonight and tomorrow, it will be very much appreciated!  :-)

update on the photos- my photos between April 12th and May 2nd are experiencing technical difficulties, I use an external hard drive and transfer the photos from a PC to a mac, if anyone has any ideas on what may have happened or how to fix it, let me know! thanks!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Awww, poor thing...hope tomorrow is better for the little guy!

When this post popped up on my dashboard, I saw 'Not Feeling Well' and I thought that first picture was a positive pregnancy test!! You had me all excited for a second!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Aww...I hope little J starts feeling better soon. Maybe it's teeth?

And no idea about the pictures. I'm Mac illiterate.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP