The only other thing on is work-out tapes/programs. They now have 6 minute abs and the 10 minute trainer. If working out and getting into shape was so easy that you could pull it off in less than the time it takes you to drive through McD's for a shake and fries, everyone would be fit and in shape! I just don't buy it, I refuse to believe I can have rock hard abs by spending a mere 6 minutes a day on it.
Well this got me to thinking, remember here where I told you all that I would be working out/walking until I had a body that a bikini would look good on. Yeah well that plan kinda flew out the window. I'm lazy. There I said it. I would much rather watch some TV than go for a walk or do some sit-ups. So now you know . . .
This afternoon I thought I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go for a walk right now with Johnathan. I'm feeling motivated to go and I'm gonna go. This was today at 12:30 . . . in Southwest Florida . . . at the hottest part of the day . . . in an area of the country were the humidity is 200% on a nice day . . . where we are in red flag fire danger because there is no breeze and because its too DAMN HOT!! Did any of that factor into my head while getting ready for my walk? Oh no . . nope . . . so there I was, iPod charged and up beat music pumping in my ears, Johnathan strapped in (and covered in SPF70, with a hat, and toys), and I was off for a brisk 3 mile walk. And then because I really started feeling good about myself I started to jog. I was jogging with a stroller in 90 degree weather with 500% humidity at the hottest part of a Florida day with no shade. C.R.A.Z.Y. !!!!!
So, after a while I realized . . . I'm hot, like hot hot and I'm feeling a little sick, like I might puke sick and Johnathan looks hot and unhappy, ummmmm can I use my phone a friend life-line? And that's what I did. I called Jeff "can you please come get us, it's too hot and I can't finish this walk." His response "I told you so and I'm on my way!" A few minutes later my knight in shinning armor with air conditioning showed up. Thank goodness for Jeff!!!
I made it about half way before calling it quits. My face was purple, not pink, not flush, not red. PURPLE. And I still kinda have a head ache, and I'm still hot . . .
Lesson learned . . . I'll keep my walks to the mornings only! Or maybe I'll just go back to watching how easy the PediPaw is to use . . . hmm . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment