In eleven months Johnathan has accomplished a lot!! He is a crawling expert and doesn't mind carpet, tile, concrete, if he wants to get somewhere he will! His shins and the top of his feet are usually a little dirty though, even right after a tubby! He is almost walking, he totally could walk if he wanted to, but as soon as I let go of him he drops down into his crawling position.
Johnathan eats a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner and is still having a few bottles throughout the day. He gets pancakes for breakfast (go ahead, I'll let you think I actually mix and make pancakes from scratch every day . . . I would absolutely NOT buy the frozen ones from Publix, nope, not me!), for lunch and dinner he gets a slice of american cheese, chicken, red grapes, blueberries, and whatever we are eating. Sometimes he eats everything and wants more and other times he's only interested in the cheese and grapes. We are learning and trying to get him to eat new things.
Johnathan "talks" all the time! It's usually a "gula gula gula" or "dga dga dga" and sometimes a "dadada" or "mamama" and while I'm nearly certain he calls Jeff "dadee" (on his own terms when HE wants to), Johnathan only says "mamama" when he is eating so I'm assuming it's more of a "yum, yum, yum" . . . in any case it's cute and I love it!
Oh and Johnathan is stubborn! Man oh man! If he wants to go somewhere or to do something and I stop him from doing it, he let's me know I'm making him angry!!! Like if he wants to crawl into the bathroom and grab the toilet seat (yuck!) and try to crawl into the toilet water (yikes!) and I stop him? My goodness, he screams and cries like he's hurt and then to further prove the fact that he is NOT happy with me, he makes his body very rigid and grinds his not there teeth in an action that can only be described as ANGRY! Jeff says he gets that from me . . . hmmm . . . . okay, maybe he's right . . . I said maybe!
Other things that are too adorable . . . Johnathan has this cute shy look that he uses when we are out and about. We were at Target the other day and a nice little old lady comes over to tell me that I have the cutest kid in the world . . . happens all the time people! :-) . . . anyway, she looks at Johnathan and says "hi there little man" and then he turns his body into a twist , but always keeping his head looking at her, kinda shy's away . . . adorable! Also, he's started wanted to have either me or Jeff hold him rather than someone else. And now that Jeff's home for the summer, it's more often than not Jeff that he wants. I feel so lucky and grateful that Jeff is home for the summer and can spend this major quality time with Johnathan!
Also, when Johnathan lays down to go to sleep at night or to take a nap we go through the same routine over and over again. He still has his binkie and he needs it to fall asleep. In fact, there are times where he will wake up in the middle of the night, sit up in bed and cry and cry for Jeff or me to come and put the binkie back in his mouth. He knows how to do it himself, but he prefers for Jeff or me to do it. Also, he has a favorite blankie that he always hugs and snuggles with. Its yellow and teal, it has a soft pillow head and an big blanket body. I think we've probably washed it once or twice since he was born . . . but it's his blankie and he loves it.
I'm sure there are more things to note about Johnathan's growth over the past 11 months . . . I could talk about him forever, I think I'm turning into that mom/woman . . . you know the one who starts every sentence with "Oh you'll never guess what Johnathan just did . . . " So what, I love my kid and I think he is awesome and it makes me happy to tell you all about it.
Okay, here are the photos . . . there are a LOT of photos! I kinda forgot to take photos on June 8th, which made me feel like a failure as a mother (kidding) so I made up for it by taking a few hundred on the 9th, 10th, and 11th . . . and the 12th, 13th, 14th . . . you get the idea.
Up after a nap and ready to read his books!

Read this one Mama!

Oh this is my favorite!

Water bottles = endless fun!!

Cutie Pie!

What? You talking to me?


On a mission!

Having fun playing with his toys!

Tubby Time!!!

Making raspberry sounds using the edge of the tub.

Happy Baby!

Happier Baby!

Laughing baby!

Screaming baby . . . tubby time is over!

Up from another nap on another day . . . looking serious here!

Oh this face! This face gets me every time!!

A boy and his toys!

umm what's over there? hmmm

Hi Mama! Love ya! Muah!

Yay!

Deep in thought . . .

Toys, toys everywhere . . . .



Huh?




Not interested in my toys anymore . . . the TV remotes are next!

I can play with these right?

Well, I will anyway!

How in the world could anyone EVER get angry with a face like that?

1 comment:
You, Nicole - Stubborn?! Never... or on second thought I might have to side with Jeff on this one! :)
I have a new personal favorite picture of my favorite little man - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of him in the tubby showing off his fantastic smile and two front teeth! I can't believe he is almost a year old!
Kris
Post a Comment