Monday, June 15, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend, day three

Up bright and early again!  We decided to head down to Key West for the day.  Even though Jeff and I have been to the Keys many times we have never been to the Aquarium and thought it would be fun to bring Johnathan to see the fishies.  Also, we had to make it to Andy's favorite breakfast place "Sara Beth's", they have the best pancakes EVER, so if you are ever in the area you must go!  After breakfast we made our way to the aquarium and it was H.O.T hot that day!  

Here we are at the tank where you can touch the animals, I wasn't brave enough to touch any of those things, but Johnathan liked looking at them!


Look at the fishies!!!


Outside they have an open air "tank" with lots of sharks and fish, Johnathan liked watching and taking it all in . . . 






Ohh poor baby was sooo hot, right after this we got him some nice cold water!


Loving the fishies!


We stayed for the demonstration where the tour guide brought around a baby nurse shark.  Johnathan was definitely not interested in touching it! 


We spent the rest of the morning walking around and taking in the sights and sounds of Key West.  We spent that night at home.  The boys grilled while the girls got everything else ready.  It was a great night around the table hearing all about the Sponseller family trips and funny stories.  Andy and Jeff both were little trouble makers from day one, is anyone surprised by that? I didn't think so!! 

And talking about trouble makers . . . . what are you giving Johnathan Grandpa Bob? 


What a fun day!! We were all tuckered out and happy for having such a fun holiday weekend. It was off to home the next day . . . . 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

We lived in Key West for a year and let me just say that A) The traffic is nothing compared to before they finished that super huge bridge--People used to get out of their cars and start fishing! And B) I have heard that same guy give the tour of the Key West Aquarium about a hundred million times (we were there often, to say the least). I am pretty sure I have it memorized (it's the exact same every time) and I will never forget the sound of his voice!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP