We reserved the park pavilion months in advance and thought it would be perfect for all of Johnathan's friends because there is a little water park area and a big playground area. Then a few weeks before the party we got all the favors and decorations. Leading up to the big day I was a little nervous, I mean it was his first birthday party, this only comes around once and you had better get it right! Well, the party was just absolutely perfect! The weather cooperated, everyone had lots to eat and drink, the kids all had fun, the adults all had fun, and Johnathan was so happy to be the center of attention and get so many wonderful toys!
I have to say a big thank you to my sister for being my right hand woman with taking so many great photos. We both had cameras ready and in our hands the whole day and when I saw that Kris was snapping away with me I knew we had this party documented by the minute and I couldn't have been happier. Thanks little little sis ;-) love ya!
The birthday boy in his 1st birthday outfit.

Here's the pavilion and all of our friends and family arriving . . .


Daddy and the birthday boy playing in the water park!

Taking a quick break for yummy lunch!

Everyone having a good time!



Then it was time for cake! The best part of the day!


With all the attention Johnathan got a little shy, holding onto Daddy for support.

Happy Birthday to you . . . . Happy Birthday to you . . .

Happy Birthday to Johnathan . . . .

Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Johnathan hesitated at first . . . .


But then he dug in with both hands . . . I don't think I've ever seen a birthday boy enjoy a cake more than Johnathan did!

"Hey Mom are you watching this?" I got it all on video, see below!


Do you think he loved the cake? Yes he did!!!

Quick photo with Mom and Dad . . . then back to the cake!

Here I am with my friends Laura, Keri and Lindsey with her daughter Samantha. I've been friends with these girls since high school and they are the best friends I could ever ask for! Love ya ladies! :-)

After cake time we had to clean Mr. Birthday Boy off . . . nothing better than a hose right? right!


Then it was back in the water for more play time!

We tried to get all of Johnathan's friends together for a group photo . . . after a few attempts we got these . . .

If this doesn't say "happy times at a birthday party" I don't know what does! :-)

My happy little boy with Great Grandma Doris! PS - Isn't my Grandmother beautiful!

Johnathan loves his Grandma's!!!


Auntie Kris stepping out from behind the camera for a photo with her favorite nephew!

Aunt Victoria with the birthday boy!

Time for the presents!!! Johnathan was so lucky to get so many wonderful gifts! This first one was from his God parents, Aunt Keri and Uncle Joe . . . it's an amazing drawing of one of my favorite photos of Johnathan . . .

Pretty cool huh? I think so!

Johnathan was in heaven with all the fun toys he got!


Yay!!!

Cousin Jamie came to visit just in time for the party!

What a happy birthday boy! Look at all of those toys!!!

Playing on the coolest toy ever, Elmo's plane!

Uncle Matt just loves to play with Johnathan and will do just about anything to get him to laugh!

Do I really get to take these all home??

After we opened all of the presents everyone started to leave. As we packed up the car and started to head home I thought about how the party went and was so happy! I wouldn't have done a thing differently! I hope that this is a great memory for everyone who helped us celebrate Johnathan's first birthday.

2 comments:
Great Photos! He is lucky that his parents and family love him so much to throw him an awesome 1st bash! Not taking away from him or anything but these pictures of YOU are great...you look beautiful; love the dress!
Wish my head was on right so I couldve remembered to be there....dummy!
I can not believe that Johnathan is already 1!! We had such as great time at the party!! My favorite part was the cake though... looks like JT takes after his Auntie with LOVING cake!! :) I can't wait till our first trip to the Melting Pot - I have a feeling he will LOVE the chocolate fondue!
Post a Comment