Johnathan's words are really coming together! He says Daddy and Mama very clearly and often! Like "Mama Mama Mama MAMA" when he wants my attention. It's getting easier and easier to understand what John is trying to say and he completely understands what we are saying to him, although he sometimes decided to completely ignore us. No matter what color he is pointing to he says "Baloo" everything is blue, except for white, we have one white crayon and he says "Wyyy" for white. For numbers all he chooses to say is "Two" and he says it perfectly. I will start with "One" he follows with "Two" and then lets me continue. Sometimes he counts by "two's" as in "two, two, two, two, two". Cute! For letters, he only says "Eeeee", he will point to letters and words and say "e, e, e, e" almost like he's trying to start the alphabet song but only wants to say "e". John says complete phrases in one word, like "where did he go" is "wheredhego" or "where is it" is "wheresit" or "what's in it" "wsssinit". Thankfully I'm fluent in Johnathan most times! :-)
When Johnathan is hungry he walks over to his highchair and attempts to climb in, it gets the point across. His favorite thing to eat is yogurt and if we let him, I'm sure he would have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He can say water and milk and that's all he likes to drink. We've tried juice a few times, but he never takes more than one sip before pushing it away. Johnathan also likes mealoaf, lima beans (just like Daddy), cheese, pizza, and we just found out that he likes burgers too. John is a very picky eater so we are still trying to get all the good stuff in his tummy.
Johnathan loves playing peek-a-boo and now initiates it himself. He thinks if he closes his eyes or looks away from you that you can see him, so he will look down and wait a second or two, then look up and say "abooooo, abooooo". He loves doing this in the tub especially. And come to think of it, he loves doing anything in the tub, he still loves tubby time and is willing to take a tub anytime day or night!
Johnathan still has a love for coloring and stickers. We got him a little note book and its covered on every page with random stickers, crayon dashes, rips and tears, and he LOVES it. I am so thankful that it's a "quiet" activity! Most times he's okay with coloring on his own, but sometimes he wants me right there to draw with him, which usually goes like this. I draw a circle and he scribbles over it, I draw a letter and he scribbles over it, I draw a stick figure and he scribbles over it, over and over again.
Johnathan no longer walks any where, its a full out run or sprint from one place to another. He also likes to kinda go "la la la" while he is running. Jeff jokingly calls him Forrest Gump, as in Run Forrest Run! And he's also started this really fun game where he acts as if his feet are allergic to the ground, so when we try to put him down he pulls up his legs and feet so that we can't put him down. Then when we lay him on the ground he screams and cries until we pick him up again. It's really a fun fun game and we love it when it happens in front of a crowd. ;-)
I'm afraid we are on the brink of the "terrible two's" and I'm scared. I'm really really afraid of what's around the corner! Because, you know, you can't really "reason" with a two year old, just in case you were curious, because they kinda DON'T CARE and will go on crying and screaming no matter where you are or what you are doing. And then everyone else will look at you and give you that stare of "MY kids never acted like that" and you know what YES they did! Anyway . . . I love my son and I love his temper tantrums and I love that one day I will be able to tease him about it.
There's really tons more and I'm sure I could write a book, but overall Johnathan is turning into little boy. He's not a baby any more and even though I miss the coo's and the little wrapped up snuggler from months or even a year ago, I really LOVE this little boy. Watching him grow up and become who he will be is nothing short of amazing. He loves to laugh and he loves to make others laugh and the way he laughs is great, full belly, deep, crazy, nothing held back laugh that you can't help but to join in on. He loves his Mama and Daddy and shows us every day how lucky we are to be his parents. I can't believe that in three short months he will be 2. It's so cliche but they really do grow up fast. I swear I was just imagining who he would look like when he would kick-kick-kick in my tummy.
What's a good update post without photos?
In a very spontaneous, last minute decision a few weeks ago, we ran out, picked up a pizza and had dinner at the beach. It was PERFECT . . . aside from me standing in a red ant pile and the fact that it was a bit chilly out. We were the only ones there, we had the beach to ourselves and we promised that we would make time for this more often.
Just us on the beach!
Daddy and Johnathan playing in the sand
Taking a little break for some yummy pizza
Look who's all grown up sitting at a picnic table all by himself!
This picture is begging for some deep metaphor on life and taking big steps, right?
Peek-a-boooooo
I love the look on his face here . . .
What a cutie!
Yes, we have to go back soon!











2 comments:
happy 21 months!! how fast time is flying by. i love your update. you will always be able to look back and read all about these little details. how special! i love that he runs everywhere and don't worry about entering the terrible twos.....we've been to tantrum town and back.....nothing you can't handle. hehehehe
cant wait to see you guys soon. the other day while we were playing i said well who are you going to give that to (it was a plate of imaginary food in her kitchen) and she says (out of the middle of no where) JOHN!!! so cute he was on her mind!! xoxo
He is precious : ) I am visiting via Kelly's enjoying the small things blog tonight. I love blog hopping there. I know I would love whoever leaves her comments! So inspiring : )
Post a Comment