Monday, March 8, 2010

A Haircut, Sumo Wrestling, Play Date and Swamp Buggy's - Oh My!

So this is where I throw up my hands and say, screw it, I'm just going to post what we did this past weekend and someday I will catch up with the end of December, January and February.

Any who . . . .

This past weekend was packed full of fun! It started on Thursday with Johnathan's first (documented) hair cut. He got a little trim a few weeks ago and Daddy was the photographer so we got two photos . . . I took over this time and here you go.

Before . . .

Pick out a hair cut that you like . . .

Here's Tom (the guy who always cuts Jeff's hair) giving John a trim. John didn't mind at all! Most kids are a little afraid of the razor, but he didn't care! He even laughed a little 'cause I think it was tickling him!

View from the mirror.

Stay still sweetie!

Just a little bit left . . .

All done! He even got a lollipop for it too!

Yum!!! He loved that lollipop!

Then on Friday we went to Barron to watch Jeff's fellow teachers participate in a Sumo Wrestling match to raise money for the senior class. Jeff was asked to participate at the last minute and loved every minute of it.

Uncle Kurt and Johnathan waiting for Jeff to come out! Johnathan calls any one who could remotely pass for Kurt "Kuuuuurrrrr", it's the cutest! He loves Uncle Kurt!!

Even Grandma Lois came out for the fun!

Here's the before the match "smack talk" . . .

Getting suited up and ready . . . intense!!!

Get ready, get set . . .

SUMO!!!!!!!

Go Jeff Go!!!

Jeff was exhausted afterwards, but he had a GREAT time!!!

We had an early Saturday morning getting ready for John's friends, Drake and Trey, to come over. Jeff went out for a Dunkin Donuts run for coffee and munchkins "donn donns" as John calls them. Johnathan and I were working on some of his new words . . . sorry for talking so loud! I love at the end when he literally throws the book at the thought of "don dons"!


The Keraus brothers got here a little while later . . . Drake is about a year older than John and Trey is about a year or so younger. They had a really fun time playing together! It's amazing to me that in two short hours, three little boys can make a pretty big mess! It was well worth it though, we hope they can come over again soon!




Later that day and all day Sunday we went to the Swamp Buggy Races. If you've never been, it's quite the experience and well worth it! These are Country Music loving, Real Tree Camo wearing, Confederate Flag waving people, you hear "Yes Ma'am, Yes Sir" "Ain't" "Y'all" "That Buggy just lost a tranny" "That Jeep got stuck in the Sippy whole" and a few "yeeeeeehaw's" too! It's fun, fun, fun . . . oh there's a whole bunch of fair type food that I don't even think has a nutritional index, grease + butter + salt = yum + heart attack!


My boys . . . how I love them! :-)

The Jeeps getting lined up to go!

Now for the big boys, the Swamp Buggy's!

And off they gooooooooo!

Coming in for a fast finish!

Yes, we are wearing matching Swamp Buggy Camo T's! :-)

Grandma Lois met us out there . . . John's explaining the race to her . . . so darn cute I could eat it up!!!


Sunday night we had a great dinner at Grandma Bernie and Grandpa Bob's. Matt's home for spring break so it was really nice to have everyone together!

By the end of the day we were tired from a very full weekend! We all crawled into bed together and fell asleep happy as a pig, or in this case Swamp Buggy, in mud!


3 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like you had a GREAT weekend!! I LOVE the video of John learning new words... he follows his aunt in his love for "donn donns!" He is too cute!! Thanks for the updates! I love seeing my favorite little guy!!

Finding my JOY ~ M said...

I love your art wall!! and the matching camo, awesome!!

The Manrings said...

wohooo for a new post. i love your matching camo shirts and what a fun weekend! keep the pictures coming...glad to hear his kurrr and gramma words too! xo

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP