I was really hoping the weather would be kind . . . this year Naples has definitely experienced a winter, we are talking on-going weeks of nights in the 40's, the 40's . . . in Naples! So, when we woke up and saw that it was a bleak forecast I could have scrapped the plans, but I was determined! We went anyway and although it wasn't sunny and the water was freezing, we still managed to squeeze some fun into the day!
This was one of the first days where Johnathan really embraced calling me Mama. He was a pro at calling Jeff "Daddy" but for me I usually got a tug at the shirt or a cry, but not Mama. However, this day, this special day John was screaming "Mama Mama Mama" over and over again. I don't know if it just clicked or if he was saving it up, but now it's non stop and I LOVE it! I love being Mama and I love that he wants to show me and share with me all that he is doing.
Early morning fog and the view from the boardwalk to the beach

Johnathan all packed up! We filled every inch of that stroller!

The beach (nearly) to ourselves!!!
(to the left)

(to the right)

(and straight ahead)

I'm not sure which part I love the most . . .





That's easy . . . . D - all of the above!!
All we needed was a bucket and a shovel!





That's us! I hope we get back there soon!

3 comments:
Oh, how I miss the beach! It looks like you and John had a blast! It is so nice that you guys have a special place to share some alone time. I LOVE that you have passed the "foot picture" onto Johnathan! You know that those are my favorite pictures! :)
Beautiful pictures! What a happy, sweet little boy you have:)
Sand covered little piggie, does it get any better!!
Post a Comment