For starters Johnathan had been suffering through ear infection after ear infection since he started day care months before. We were told that he *might* need ear tubes and since both my sister and Jeff's brother had already had at least one set of ear tubes we decided to bring John to a specialist. We decided that since Jeff was off from school and the doctor had an opening to get the ear tubes done right away. And we are so glad we did. Johnathan was a great patient too!
Here he is in comfy clothes ready for his surgery . . .
I have to admit, the thought of my baby going into surgery made me nervous, but I was told over and over again that it was a very minor and "easy" surgery. So I tried my best to be as optimistic as possible about it, and it turned out to be just fine! The worst part of the whole thing was carrying John back to the operating room and watching them give him the anethesia. I walked out of the room, poured myself some coffee and got ready to wait . . . before I could even take a sip of my coffee the doctor was there to tell us the surgery went perfectly and that we could go back to get Johnathan. It was seriously that quick!
Johnathan was all out of sorts and very confused coming out of anesthesia. He's a strong little boy so he fought being held for a little while. We finally got him home, he napped and woke up our happy little boy. I am very happy to report that Johnathan hasn't had ONE ear infection since the surgery! And what a joy it has been to see him healthy and happy!
And just to prove that he was back on track, here are some photos from later that afternoon! I can't imagine any "surgery" being easier to go through than this one!
We were on our way to Grandma's house . . . Johnathan was ready to go!
Then Before we knew it, it was New Years Eve! And contrary to years past, we didn't have any big parties to go to, we actually didn't have any plans at all! It was really nice to just be at home with the two guys I love the most! And I guess it's a right of passage to say we drank our champagne and counted down to 9pm and brought in the New Year while we were all sound asleep! Does that mean that I'm officially an adult? :-)
The last few photos of 2009 . . .
Hello? 2010? Is that you calling?
Cheers!
Well, for many reasons I was happy to say good-bye to 2009 and HELLO to 2010! I was excited to have a clean slate, a reason to hit reset, a new beginning and a chance to make a change! Sometimes you need to have an occasion to make a big change, something like a New Year to remind you to be happy and enjoy life! And that's what I set out to do! I'm so bad at resolutions, but looking back I can say for 2010, I'm making a choice to find the good and the happy and simply ignore the bad! I mean I realize that it's there, but I don't let it get me down! I make an effort to be happy! I just read somewhere that "happiness is a journey not a destination" and I just love it! So hop on if you want . . . because this year, 2010, is dedicated to happiness!!! Wohoo! :-)







No comments:
Post a Comment