My mom is anxiously waiting for Johnathan to come up with his own name for her. It's kinda a tradition in our family that someone creates a nickname for Grandparents and thats what we call them. I came up with the name "Bana" for my great grandma, my mom's mom's mom, because I mixed up "banana" and "Nana" and it stuck. To this day whenever we talk about her, we say "Bana". Then my mom's mom, Grandma Doris, is now known as "Magda" named by my cousin Nikki. And I'm not sure I know the whole story there, but I'm assuming it was too much to say Grandma Doris so Nikki shortened it. When I was pregnant with Johnathan I asked both grandparents what they wanted to be called and they all said, "whatever Johnathan calls me is fine by me" so for now we have Grandma and Grandpa . . . but Johnathan has already come up with a way to differentiate between Grandma's . . . there's Grandma "Kurt" or Grandma and Papa. And Johnathan has definitely named Grandpa Bob as Papa, no doubt about it!
So Grandma "Kurt" came over the other night and I quickly realized why Johnathan loves her so much. My mom spoils my son rotten! Not that I mind! Johnathan wanted to draw on his chalk board . . .
The next thing I know, Johnathan's "stinky feet" were the next canvas . . .
Next up tubby time . . . Grandma "Kurt" would have sat there and played with him all night. I just love seeing the two of them together loving each other up!
2 comments:
i finally made it by, i love the pics and the picture in your header is so cute!
Love that tradition of calling the grandparents by whatever the kids come up with! that is so fun! there is nothing like watching your children interact with your parents, is there?!
Post a Comment