Words, words and more words . . .
Johnathan's vocabulary is growing by the day and he's started to put words together. In the morning (like right now) he's in his crib waking up and I can hear him talking to himself. He likes to do this every morning. He usually goes through the names of everyone he knows:
Mama
Daddy
Garma (Grandma)
Papa
KurT (with a very hard T at the end)
Mingy (Nikki)
And some other mumbling names that I can't figure out yet.
Then after we are up and changed for the day he has pancakes:
"Pepekes Mama, more pepekes peese Mama"
On the way to school he points out every truck so very enthusiastically I can't help but get excited to find and point out trucks too:
"TRUCK Mama, TRUCK!!!"
Or if I have music on we dance and if I'm not dancing I'm told to:
"Dace Mama, DACE! Mama Mama dace!!!" (he's definitely missing the N in that word"
At school I'm sure they have him reciting the encyclopedia because every day he adds a new word!
We pick him up in the afternoon and usually go to publix to shop for our dinner and he gets a cookie, he is so smart that he knows the route we drive and way before we even pull in its:
"Tokie Mama, Daddy, tookie?!"
We do have to be careful though because there are definitely some words that don't come out just right like shirt, fork or frog, they sound more like sh!t, f*ck and f*ck . . . or maybe he's just Jeff's son, hmmm. :-)
When it's time for bed time, we say "nigh nigh" and he walks into his room while asking for his binkie and blankie, once I lay him down I say "nigh nigh" and tell him I love him. I point to my eye for I, point to my heart for love and point to him for you. One time I pointed to his nose and he corrected me by saying "nose Mama". So now it's a game and I love a different part of his face every night. And every now and then he will point to his eye and say I and then point to his chest and say you. It's seriously one of the most adorable things I think I have ever seen.
There are so many other things that Johnathan is doing now and in no particular order:
Eating with a fork or spoon (depending on what he's eating)
Listening to directions and following through
Loves to run instead of walk
Loves to dance any time there is any music on (the intro to nightly news is enough)
LOVES the water, whether it's a tubby, the beach, a pool or the water park, the kid might grow gills one day
Ask's a million questions "watsat Mama" (what's that Mama)
DETERMINED to get your attention "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, Daddy," and repeat about a hundred times . . . it's fun!
Says please and thank you all the time
He's funny, he loves to laugh and make you laugh and his laugh is contagious, the doctor told me so :-)
Is the most adorable almost 2 year old boy in the world!
It's no secret, I love my son. I love being his Mama. I love our family! And since no post is complete without some photos . . . .

Those are both playing music and he was picking them up to bring them over to me so we could dance together! :-)
3 comments:
You guys are in for a great year with a 2 year old! There will be some challenges, of course, but for the most part it has been so fun and easy. If you thought he was a big boy now, just wait!!
oh nicole! what a happy event coming up! You should be so proud of the family you have! You and jeff ARE doing a wonderful job and John is very lucky to be loved so much!
I quickly looked at the calendar...I think Aaron on shift so I am trying to figure out what I can schedule for the bday party...whether my parents can hang with the girls and i can just bring Mathyas or what...but I will let you know soon...would love to help John celebrate!
how exciting that in just one month he'll join the two-year old club. and man is it awesome. hehehe. we can't wait to help you guys celebrate and share in the festivities. it seems like yesterday he was just a tiny newborn sleeping on that big tan pillow (maybe the pillow wasn't that big, hehe). you are doing a great job providing everything your big boy needs. way to go!! xo, Linds
Post a Comment