Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Potty

A few months ago we were in Baby's R Us in Estero just browsing the aisles wasting time waiting on a dinner reservation. We got to the potty aisle and I thought, why not? Let's get one! We looked at all the different designs and finally decided on one with the help of a very knowledgeable store employee. We bought a potty that was simple and not toy-like since going potty "isn't a game".  We got it home and put it in the closet for "later" since we knew we were definitely not ready to potty train just yet. At least Mama wasn't ready!

Well a few weeks ago for no reason what-so-ever we decided to open the potty and get it ready, just in case Johnathan was ready for it.
Photobucket


Where does this part go?
Photobucket


Just like Mama and Daddy!
Photobucket


He was very excited about it!!
Photobucket


Don't look at me when I'm on the potty!!!
Photobucket


Uncle Kurt was over for dinner . . . they shared a serious discussion about the potty . . . "Ok John, you gotta go pee pee on the potty, got it?" "Um Uncle Kurt, what's pee pee?" :-)
Photobucket


So much for the man-to-man talk . . . and back to why Johnathan loves Uncle Kurt so much!!
Photobucket

So the potty is out and we talk about it all the time. We even sit on it from time to time and pretend to push the pee-pee and poo-poo out. But we haven't actually gone on the potty just yet. For now, it's a bathroom accessory . . . and I'm thinking over the summer we will give it a much better try, but for now, it's diapers! I really don't want to push the potty and I'm pretty sure that one day Johnathan will get it and do his thing. My little boy is determined and a bit stubborn so we will have to do this on his terms! No worries it will happen when it happens! :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love how excited Johnathan gets about things! His facial expressions are priceless! Love him!!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP