Saturday, October 30, 2010

Celebrations!

This month has been very full of fun celebrations! From baby showers to 90th birthdays, overcoming the flu to a fun night out. It's been a wonderful few weeks!

I'll start out with the not-so-fun, John came down with the flu a few weeks back. It was NOT fun! He had a fever of at least 100 for a week and was just overall miserable. He couldn't sleep, he didn't want to eat, nothing made him happy, even he didn't know what he wanted. It went like this "hold me Mommy, no go away Mommy, come here Mommy, move over Mommy . . . " I knew just how he felt and I wish with all my heart that I could take it all away. Thank goodness for my mother-in-law who stayed home with him all week so I didn't have to take time off. She took such great care of him, she got sick herself and had the same flu the next week. This is how John spent most of his time at home . . .
Photobucket

'Nuggling in Mommy's bed with all of his comfort items and the "elephant show" (Horton Hears a Who) on the TV and not even a smile! :-(
Photobucket

Thankfully the flu is behind us! And I will be the first to say it is not welcome back any time soon!!

Moving onto a very fun and very exciting party celebrating new life. My sister-in-law, Victoria (Andy's wife), had a beautiful and pink baby shower. It was wonderful! They are having a little girl and naming her Scarlett Reagan, she is due towards the end of December and we were only so happy to celebrate her coming arrival! It's been wonderful to share the experience of being pregnant with Victoria. Her belly might be bigger than mine, but we just couldn't resist a fun photo op!
Photobucket

Here's us with the proud Grandma-to-be, by this time next year she will have three grandbabies!
Photobucket

I made a very special blanket for my niece and was so happy that Victoria liked it. As I was making it John would ask about the blanket and I would tell him it was Scarlett's blanket and he would repeat "Cawlett blankie". I love it and can't wait to see how the two of them interact with each other!
Photobucket

Next up was a big celebration! Betty, Jeff's Grandma, turned 90 this year and we decided to have a fun family get together to celebrate such a milestone! We were all together remembering fun stories and just enjoying being together. It felt like the holidays since we usually don't see everyone at the same time!

Here we are looking over a very special gift for Betty. Bernie and Janet (Bob's sister) collected all sorts of photos from Betty's wedding all the way to this past year and put them in a scrapbook complete with funny and sentimental sayings and stickers. Betty was overwhelmed and just loved it. What a special gift! I really loved looking through it and seeing how everyone has grown over the years.
Photobucket

Photobucket

John was getting a little tired, but rallied just in time for cake!
Photobucket

 

Finally a spontaneous celebration! The other night Granma Lolus (Lois) took John and I out for a fun pizza dinner and ice cream dessert. We got John his own ice cream cone and he was very excited about it! When I ask Johnathan for a smile he absolutely listens, but he just keeps on doing what he was doing . . . check it out.
 Photobucket

Photobucket

 Photobucket

He also asks for people to "take a picture to me" . . . I love it!


The best part is that the month isn't even over with yet! We have lots more to celebrate and lots more to update! Life is good! :-)

No comments:

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP