

Can you see me Mommy? I see you!!!


Can't think of any way to segue (yeah that's how you spell it, I just checked) to this next photo, but I've got to put it here. John and his Papa have a very up and down relationship. Papa LOVES to push John's buttons in the way that only he can so sometimes John wants Papa to "go away!" and then other times all he wants is "play with me Papa". I caught them "fighting" over stickers the other day and it's just so them!


Jumping right onto to something else completely, school photos. Can you believe that John already has school photos? Crazy right! So I had a great outfit all laid out, khaki pants, collared shirt, tennis shoes, it was perfect. I get the pants on and realize they are literally two inches too short, and these were the "big" pants in the pile. So, he wore shorts and is proving to take after his Daddy in the height department. He looks WAY too old here, doncha think?


Onto to something else . . . playdate with friends. We were invited to a Sunday morning get together with some of our friends and it was awesome. The Mommy's have been friends for years and the kids have all known each other since they were being cooked in their Mama's bellies. I just love that we have such a great group of friends to hang out with!


And now for the other Sponseller baby update. Here I am at about 10 weeks pregnant . . .

Yes, that's a teeny tiny baby bump. Okay maybe it just looks like I went a few too many rounds on the all-you-can-eat buffet, but to me it's a baby bump. I've been feeling great, awesome even. I'm way past any neausea and morning sickness and feeling less and less exhausted. There are times when I honestly forget that I'm pregnant, which is just crazy. I remember being this far along with Johnathan and being baby obsessed, thinking all day and night about baby this and nursery that and what names do you like? And the second time around has definitely been different. I am absolutely loving being pregnant, but there are sooo many other things going on I have to take time to sit and think about all of those baby things. Since taking that photo my belly has gotten bigger and rounder to the point where people have started asking if I'm pregnant. Of course no adults yet, but all the kids at school want to know. It usually takes one brave kid to say "Mrs. S are you, ummm, you know, ummm, having a baby?" And as soon as I say yes, there's a collective "told you so!" among the class. Gotta love the pure honesty of kids! :-)
A few weeks ago we were so happy to get another little peak of the little peanut and the baby actually looks so much more like a baby now . . .

These photos are the same, the top one is zoomed in on the profile of the face. And please don't be alarmed that in the bottom photo you can't see any arms or legs, there are definitely two arms, two legs and fingers and toes growing just fine, it's just that the baby was moving so much we couldn't get a clear photo of everything in one shot. It really was crazy how much the baby was moving, even the Tech was laughing about it. And even though every book says you can't feel the baby move for another few weeks, I could have sworn I felt a little butterfly moving around in there for just a second or two the other day.
I have to write just a few more updates about Johnathan before I forget. We have photos of Johnathan around the house and when he sees them I always say "that's you John, that's you!" Now he used to call himself baby, even when he saw himself in the mirror he would point and say "baby" but now . . . he says "you". He points at the photos and says "that YOU Mommy, that you". I've tried to explain it the best I can in 2 year old terms, but I have just reverted to saying "that's John" and leaving it at that. This "you" "me" thing isn't just for photos either. When I ask Johnathan "do you want me to hold you?" he responds "yes, hold you Mommy, hold YOU" it's actually one of the more adorable things he does. However, just today he started saying "me", I think we were walking out the door and he said "hold me Mommy, hold YOU" so I guess we are getting there.
And talking about Johnathan's vocabulary, whoa baby has it grown. I honestly don't even know how many words he can say at this point! He's talking in almost full sentences with real thought behind them. And he says funny or silly things or just whats on his mind or what he did that day. It's absolutely amazing to me. In the morning when I wake him up he always says "hi Mommy" and then he kinda rambles I almost think its the tail end of his dreams. When we leave we look for the moon and when we can't see it John says "moon sleeping, wake up moon, wake up, aaaiiiiirrrr(where) are you?" and then on the way he will point out school buses and trucks and he says things like "red light stop and green light go". In the afternoon he will talk about school and if he painted or not, without a doubt he will talk about his friend Emma! And then when we are all home it's crazy. He talks and talks and talks about everything, "td (tv) on" "snack please" "where'd ____ go?" "cars go crash" "fight Daddy?" (no they don't fight, it's more of a wrestle mania type thing) and so much more I can't remember. If I ask him what he wants for dinner he will say "Ummm, yogurt? Ummm cheese? Ummm crackers? Ummm chocolate milk?" I just love the Ummm part, so grown up. And just recently he has started saying "I can't" as in "Johnathan come here" "I can't Mommy, I can't reach". At night time we "nuggle in Mommy's bed, watch td" together every night, it's become part of our routine. When it's time for night night all I have to say is "okay let's go" and John's ready to go. When I lay him down I say "nigh nigh I love you" and he always responds with "I wuve you Mommy, nigh nigh" and just tonight he said "sweet dreams, good night". I don't know where he picks all of this up! He's really turning into a big kid and I'm just not ready, I don't think I will ever be!
As you can see things are crazy as ever and life is go go go, but we wouldn't have it any other way!
2 comments:
Thanks for all of the updates! John is getting to be such a big kid!! Before we know it he will be on his way to kindergarten! I can't wait to see him again and here all of his new words. Love you! XOXOXO Kris
I mean HEAR all of his new words... darn auto typing!!
Post a Comment