Sunday, October 17, 2010

Changes and Updates (a very long post)

I don't mind change, I embrace it. There are times where I am hesitant, but for the most part change means new and different and exciting and I'm always up for that. I feel like the last three months have been constant change for us. Change in jobs, schedules, who does what, and let's not forget the huge changes going on inside my body with little peanut. One of these changes really made me curious, how was I going to react and change my habits about my home office being gone. I hate to admit it now, but ever since I started working from home I was nearly constantly attached to the computer. I had to check emails, or change an ad, edit this and that, or see if anything was updated or approved, and then there was also the fun things I would do by checking favorite websites and editing my photos or even updating this blog. Looking back maybe it wasn't 100% healthy to be that attached to anything without a heartbeat, but so be it. So when I returned my computer and wasn't sure when or if we would be able to replace it, I was kinda worried if I would be okay with it. And you know what? I hardly noticed! I didn't and haven't missed it one little bit. If anything it was like a huge burden taken off my shoulders! And I think we went a few weeks before purchasing a laptop that sat unopened for a few days and I find that I don't even use it on a daily basis. Change is good! Well except for the fact that this little blog that I have loved so much and put so much time and energy into has been completely neglected. I still have photos and stories from August I have yet to update or upload. But honestly? The time I have spent with Jeff and John and doing anything and everything away from the computer has been a well needed break. I think I'm ready to come back and let you all know what we've been up to. Because life is good GREAT!!! And I want you all to know all about it!

Jumping right in on updating. Did I mention that we had a great end to our summer? Yes I'm talking a few months back, but I just have to remember and put it up here. On a whim one night we bought a fish for Johnathan. We had dinner and went on a walk afterwards only to find ourselves in a pet store. Thank goodness we settled on a fish with all of the options there!

We brought the fish home and the safest place for Johnathan to check it out was on the floor.
Photobucket

Once we got his home all set-up Johnathan was thrilled!
Photobucket

We talked about the fish all the time and Johnathan took very good care of it. Johnathan would remind us that the "sish hungey" (fish hungry) and would even help with giving it a pinch of food. Then John would tell us if the "sish happy" or "sish sad" and I'm not sure what made the fish change his mood but John definitely did. The fish was a very happy little part of our family until he decided he wanted to visit his relatives in the ocean again, so we sent him on his way via the toilet bowl. Bye-bye fishy, we hope you come back and visit soon!

Johnathan spent some fun times with his friends Sammy and Peyton. We meet up with Sammy and her Mom and Dad at the local zoo one hot afternoon. John and Sammy had a blast running around looking at all the animals!
Photobucket

Photobucket

A few days later we meet up with Sammy and Peyton and their Mommy's at the beach. It felt like we had a private beach since it was just us there!

It really is too difficult to get three kids to look at the camera at the same time, so I just decided to go for one where all there were at least near each other! :-)
Photobucket


Then we spent one afternoon playing with those "pop-it" things, you know the little white things that come in a box of saw dust. You throw them on the ground and they POP. Johnathan LOVED this!

More Daddy! More!!
Photobucket

He was so proud of himself!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jeff went up to Ohio for a football game in early September so John and I had a Mommy and Me weekend and it was great! John was very excited to go get Daddy at the airport and see all of the "badoos" (planes). I took photos while we waited for Daddy.

How big does John's feet look in this photo?! Crazy!
Photobucket

Waiting for Daddy . . . waiting for Daddy
Photobucket

Mommy look at me!!
Photobucket

One, two, three JUMP!
Photobucket

I think I see Daddy!!!
Photobucket

When Jeff's plane did arrive Johnathan went running for him and nearly crossed the security line, thank goodness for Ft. Myers airport and the "small town" feel it has to it. The airport security realized John was no threat and let him run to his Daddy. We were so happy to have Daddy home we forgot to take a photo!

Before we knew it, it was October! October!?! Seriously, time has really flown by! And I'm as surprised as anyone else with the lack of photos I've been taking latetly. I used to have the camera permanently attached to my hand and recently there have been weeks where I don't even pick it up and I don't like that. I'm trying to make an effort to take more photos, but with our lives being so busy it's not easy! Our fun in October will have to wait for the next post which will be sooner than later! Thanks to everyone still checking in on us here! :-)

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thank you for updating!! You have no idea how much I love to read your updates and see pictures of John! He really is growing up WAY too fast, and before we know it we will have a new baby in the family! WOW how time is flying by! I also LOVE the new picture you have in the "header" of the page - he is too cute! See you guys soon. Love you! Kris :)

Beth Alfieri said...

Thanks for the update Nicole - love reading about you guys and seeing John grow! Congrats on your upcoming addition! Keep us all up to date!
Love, Beth (Jerry and Abbie too!)

Beth Alfieri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP