Monday, March 14, 2011

Big Update (or really) Update on Big Things

There has been lots of BIG things going on in our lives over the past few weeks which is why I haven’t gotten around to blogging, but I'm attempting to make up for it with a big update . . .

The first big update is Shannon . . . she’s big and only getting bigger by the week! A few weeks back I had a sonogram to see what was going on in there. I asked to please confirm that Shannon is definitely a girl and fortunately after a little poking and prodding we were able to verify that it’s still a little girl growing in there. The tech also said that she’s got hair, maybe not a lot, but if we can see it on the sonogram it’s definitely there! I am SUPER excited for all of the bows and clips we can start using!!! And then the fun part, they measured her femur bone and head circumference and determined that she was already in the 90th percentile. They estimated that she was about 6 lbs, which could mean that she was really 5, 6 or 7 lbs. and if she continues to grow at ½ lb. per week, which is typical, she will be 9, 10 or 11 lbs at 40 weeks. Go ahead and let that sink in for a minute. So as of 4 weeks ago (the time of the appointment) I already had a full sized baby cooking away! My doctor said that I needed at least 4 more weeks to make sure that all of the important organs were fully developed and we definitely hit that mark. My last appointment (last Monday) was great. I’m still measuring ahead and I’m at the point where if I go into labor they don’t stop it. This is the point of the pregnancy where it is extremely exciting and still a little bit scary . . . it’s actually happening! The finish line is in sight and we are moving swiftly in that direction. The real question is, are we ready? :-)

Here I am sporting the big belly with the big girl growing inside.
Photobucket

And I decided to share a head on look too, is it me or can you tell that she favors one side of my body?
Photobucket

Another very big update is that we have moved. Yes, Jeff and I made the decision to move while I was/am 8 months pregnant. We knew for quite some time that the condo was way too small for our growing family, but due to a number of different circumstances we weren’t sure if we would be able to move before our little one was born. Fortunately the stars aligned and someone smiled down on us because we were able to find the perfect place for the perfect price at the perfect time. I was so nervous that it wasn’t going to happen that I didn’t even tell anyone about it until we actually had the keys in our hands. I’m not pessimistic, it’s just that I know how things go and this just felt too good to be true . . . but it is! I am just so grateful that everything fell into place when it did!

Photobucket

Our new place is a three bedroom, two bath coach home, which means we are connected to our neighbors. We have a two car garage which is huge, not in size, but in the way that we finally, after a year and a half, have a place to store things. Aside from being small the other big pain with the condo was that we had zero storage space for anything and now we have rooms that actually have TWO closets in them!!! Oh the possibilities! :-) We are in a lovely neighborhood and our backyard is a beautiful golf course. John has already made friends with all the golfers by waving hello as they drive past in their carts. We’ve been there less than a week, but it already feels like home! It actually felt like home the first night we stayed there! Oh there are still boxes and lots to unpack, but we are getting there slowly.

We woke John up the day of the move with his favorite . . . don don's!! :-)
Photobucket

Hey Dunkin Donuts, needs a spokesman?
Photobucket

Here are the guys moving all of the furniture, notice that Bob is safely in the background "supervising"!
Photobucket

Photobucket

There goes all my worldly possesions . . . and it definitely looked like it was going to rain all over them. Thank goodness it did not!
Photobucket

After John woke up from his nap I thought it would be a good idea if he actually saw that he old room was empty and that his new room had all of his things. We even left a few toys behind so he could move them himself.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And FINALLY we had a nursery for Shannon! No, it's not ready yet, but it looks much better than this!
Photobucket

We moved some of our fans and there was an issue with a lightbulb breaking or something like that. All I know is that Jeff and Matt spent a good amount of time shoving tools into the fan and cursing. I was sure something bad was going to come of it, so I grabbed my camera . . . in the end it did all work out! :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This might not be a great photo, but at least you can see our living room and our first visitors!!
Photobucket

Scarlett LOVES the place! :-)
Photobucket

Another big update is that my big boy got some very cool big boy bunk beds. A very big Thank You to Grandma Lolus for this amazing gift! John is IN LOVE with them!!! Up until this point he has been sleeping in the crib and we felt no need to move him from it. He never tried to climb out and I honestly think he liked the comfort and security of being in a four sided crib. It was his special place, we would lay him down at night awake and he would talk to his stuffed animals and listen to music until he fell asleep. And if I think about it too much I might get emotional about how he is growing up and becoming a big boy now . . . Anywho, about a week or so before we moved from the condo we took one side off the crib in preparation for the big move and he still would stay in the crib as if all four sides were up. We decided that when we made the big move to our new home we would also move into the bunk beds.

Getting ready to disassemble the crib, John took advantage of the trampoline bed on the floor . . .
Photobucket

Photobucket

And Daddy joined in on the fun too!
Photobucket

The new crib . . .
Photobucket

John seemed to like it just fine!
Photobucket

Fortunately, and again thanks to stars aligning and an incredible amount of luck being on our side, we got the last slot to have the furniture delivered on the actual day we planned to move. Sometimes you just have to think things were meant to be right? Well, Rooms-To-Go promised deliver between 3 and 7pm and I knew that meant that we were either going to have the beds by noon or not until 9pm . . . and I was right. The truck finally showed up at 8pm and three very tired, but trying to be enthusiastic, delivery men put together John’s bed.

Photobucket

John was not happy about having three strangers in his room and wanted nothing to do with them, but after they left he was bouncing off the walls excited about his new beds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hi there! It's just me with a big belly!
Photobucket

He hasn’t asked once about his crib and I really think he’s done incredibly well with the transition. He crawls in all by himself and stays in bed all night. I don’t want to jinx it, but I really think we’ve got a pretty good situation going on.


One final big update is this . . . Jeff somehow put on about 100 lbs overnight. We were quite concerned as you can imagine, but we figured we try and have some fun with it . . . .
Photobucket

Totally corny, I know . . . it was Sumo Wrestling Night at Barron again. Jeff won, I think?!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So there you have it our big update on big things . . . as you can imagine there will be tons more to update  with all of the above and I promise to try my best to get it all up here.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

i can't believe you are 8 months along! and that you moved 8 months pregnant! wow! i did that when i was preggo with jamie, but i can't imagine doing it with a 2 year old! congrats!

The Jones Family said...

LOVE this update! your belly is sooo big and beautiful! (definitely a sponseller baby, huh?!?!) such a healthy pregnancy.....so happy to hear Shannon is healthy! what a great move...seemed to be stress-free as far as stressful situations go! congrats on the move...I would love to invite myself over one of these days to check it out in person! yay for smooth transitions and exciting new milestones approaching!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP