Thursday, March 24, 2011

Final Family of Three Photos

I knew that I wanted to get some form of professional photos of my pregnancy this time around but I also knew that I didn't want the typical naked belly poses. What I really wanted was to capture what our family is like right now, just the three of us. The way it's been for the past almost three years. Now don't get me wrong, I can't wait until we are a family of four  Every single day I wake up thinking today could be the day and I'm more excited that I could possibly express in words here. That being said, I still love our family right now, I love the way we are and I desperately wanted someone to come and freeze it for a second so I could always remember. And then I emailed Missy Kettler and tried my best to explain this . . . she totally and completely got it . . . and here's the proof. I absolutely love each and every one of these photos and will cherish them forever and ever.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have these photos up in our house and I smile every time I see them. They make me happy!

I want to take just a moment to tell you a little about Missy. We have met through a mutual friend at parties and get togethers. I knew that she understood photographing wiggly little ones, but what I was oh so grateful for was that she also understood photographing reluctant husbands. Now I'm not saying that Jeff and John are difficult to photograph . . . it's just that . . . yes, yes they are! :-) Well Missy being a mom and wife not only understood, she nearly literally bent over backwards to get THE shot! Thank you Missy! I am forever grateful for your talent, time, energy, editing, all of it! If you are looking for a family photographer please visit her website! http://missykphotography.com/

Then the cherry on top? Our mutual friend, Jess Johnston, started a new card business! Jess turned the photos that Missy took into a wonderful card that I was able to send out to friends and family.
Photobucket

I am so excited for Jess and this new adventure in her life. I can see she has a real talent and truly enjoys making these one-of-a-kind special cards. If you are in the market, make sure you visit her website!http://www.etsy.com/shop/jecca33

I will end all of this by saying that the other day I felt a bit like a celebrity. I was at the mall ordering a delicious ice cream treat and a woman walked up to me and said "Did Missy Kettler just photograph your family? You look so familiar! I LOVE the photos!!" And of course I said yes and we got to chatting that Missy had just photographed her daughter too and that Jess had made cards and how impressed we both were with the whole process. She didn't ask for my autograph, but it was still very cool.

I feel very lucky to be able to call these ladies my friends! They have amazing talent and I encourage you to seek them out!!!

4 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Those are great.

Unknown said...

Lovely. Photos and a lovely family!
Cleve & sue Randolph

The Jones Family said...

awesome pics...gotta say the one where John is sitting at your feet is my fav! so cute! great sentiments about your family of 3! And yes, Missy and Jessica are awesome!

The Manrings said...

super great photos and you are right...they do capture your happy family of three before it forever changes. love the first pic of the three of you sitting together. your photo card is on our fridge and it makes me smile!! xo

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP