I have tons of photos so I'm just going to let them do most of the talking . . .
Thanks to our new front yard we had some fun with bubbles!



We had some friends over for juice boxes and playing on the slide.



We went to the beach and it wasn't the "day of relaxing at the beach" I had imagined, but we still managed to have some fun! Our normal beach parking lot was full so we had to go to another beach and as we got there we realized that we were definitely not the only ones ready for some fun in the sun.
Daddy making the perfect beach play list and John getting settled.

Looking at these photos I can't help but think at how serious John looks. He had a blast playing, but what's with the somewhat sad look on his face?! He was really concentrating on having fun!


John's favorite beach game, put the sand back into the ocean . . . he does it every time!

And then he was done! John said "I wanna go home for nigh nigh" and as much as I really wanted to push it and stay longer I knew he was done. So we packed up and waited for Jeff to come get us.


We stayed up late to see the big full moon . . .
John helped Daddy put together some of Shannon's new things


We took John's motorcycle out for a spin!



We hung out in our garage while Jeff attempted to put together a fun tent we have for the beach. He wanted a trial run before trying it in the sand.


Hi! :-)

Back to the front yard for some ball practice. I have to say when I saw this front yard this is exactly what I imagined!




We went to the zoo and spent time at our favorite spots feeding the fish and watching the leopard.



Then we let John get two more special pennies. I think that this was maybe his favorite thing all week. He has three in total and knows exactly where they are at any given moment.



John and Daddy cleaned together! John was SO excited to vaccum with Jeff!


We had more friends over and enjoyed a yummy dinner and even yummier dessert! We are thinking extra special thoughts of the Hemrick's as they welcome their little boy, Joseph, to the world very soon!

John and Katherine making the driveway pretty!

Yummy cupcakes!!!

We spent time at Grandma Betty's house for her famous "Roni's and Mac's". Betty's house was built and decorated in the 70's . . . and hasn't really been updated since, it's definitely a fun place to visit!

There's just too many things I find funny about this photo . . .

Hanging out




"Fighting Daddy"


We enjoyed our lanai and painted some fun pictures. And again with the Mr. Serious face . . . John you need to lighten up bud! ;)



Back to the garage to "work on my momo-cy-co Mommy!"




Oh how I love him!

We had cousins over and had a great time playing together!


And believe it or not there were a few things I didn't even get to photograph! We went to the water park with friends twice, met up at the park a few times, went shopping with Grandma Lolus, had two doctor appointments (updates below) and spent probably too much time laying around being lazy!
I would like to update on a few more things too. (I mean I am about 9 1/2 months pregnant and feeling ready to go any day now, so I might as well get it all in now!)
So next up I will give you a quick tour of our new place. I feel like we have really settled in and changed it from a house to a home. I can't help but say I just LOVE our new place, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Really I can see us being here for a long time.
The view from our front door . . . cue the angels


The view into our front door

Shannon's room . . . perfect and just waiting for her arrival!


The closet, oh the fun we had getting all of these adorable girl clothes! Thank you to everyone who gave us gifts and hand-me-downs, this little girl is going to be so well dressed!!!

Some really beautiful diaper cakes!

The kitchen area and again, cue the angels!



The living room and play area


And finally our backyard . . .

Okay so John's room is awesome as well, but I don't have any photos because every time I think to take a photo John is sleeping. And the master bedroom might just remain unphotographed for now!
Finally, an update on baby Shannon! The fun end-caps to Spring Break were the two doctors appointments I had. During the first appointment I was checked to see if my body was making any progress in the going into labor department. And I am! I was 1cm dilated and 50% efaced which means that things are moving! I get checked again in a few days and I have a feeling that they are going to find I'm making more progess. I'm feeling lots and lots of pressure every single time I stand up. I'm also get more and more uncomfortable every day. I'm still loving being pregnant and don't want to wish any of this time away, but I can tell my body is getting to the point where it just can't be pregnant any more. It's been amazing being the home to Shannon these past 9 months. She has definitely let me know she is in there! She gets the hiccups every day and some times more than once. She moves her arms, legs, and body all the time. Her little fingers and toes tickle and dig their way around my belly and there are times where I'm shocked at where I can feel her. I really had no idea she was taking up that much space but then again she is definitely big, big, big! At the second appointment I had another sonogram. Her head and belly are measuring at full term and her femur is one week behind. They think she is at least 8 1/2 pounds right now (deep breath). My doc tells me that sonograms are bad at predicting weight and they could be off by a pound either way but he agrees that all things point to her being a big baby. He wants to wait until a week before my due date before making any "big" decisions (c-section, inducing) so his advice to me? "Try your best to go into natural labor in the next week or so!" Okay doc, sure sounds like a plan! :-)
And this brings me to now . . . We are well rested from our fun Spring Break. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the fourth member to our family. We are happy, healthy and loving life!
1 comment:
fun fun fun! your belly looks amazing! great update and looking forward to your beautiful daughter making her BIG debut!
Post a Comment