So before too much time passes and I forget the fun times we had . . . here's what we did in the beginning part of August (there will be a part two and probably a part three)
We had a fun girl's day in and visited cousin Scarlett! Although they didn't play together too much there was definitely a cute connection between them. When Shannon started crying, Scarlett would let out a pouty lip sympathy cry too, it was adorable! I can't wait for the day they start actually playing together!



Baby Shannon was Mommy's little model for the Loops And Swoops website, I don't think a cuter model exists!



"Ooooohhhh" :)

And then we went ahead and took some cutie pie fun photos. Love this little girl so much!

Grabbing for those toes, she's still as flexible as Gumby!

Oh those lips! Those pouty lips! Love them so much!

John and I had a fun park date. I really love the special one-on-one times we have together. John is really growing up and I'm finding I like hanging out with him. The kid is funny and sweet and says the most amazing things.

John and Daddy had fun practicing his swimming! John has shown some major progress with his swimming. Since we don't have a pool at our house, we don't get to practice every day, so some days are harder than others to get him excited about getting his face wet, swimming, breathing, all those swimming things. But usually after a few minutes he gets back into it.

Okay jump on one, two . . . .

Swim to the steps . . . ready . . . go!

Finally after weeks of trying to capture it in pictures, Shannon rolled over right in front of me and I was able to get my camera out in time (okay who am I kidding it's never really put away!)

Aaaaalmost there . . .

You can do it . . .

Nearly there . . . .

And ta-daaaa, she rolled over!!!

One really fun night John asked for "hair like Daddy" so I gelled up his hair and we laughed and laughed and laughed. He then asked for a piece of bubble gum, which I explained no less than 20 times that he was NOT to swallow, but just chew chew chew it up and spit it out when he was done . . . and now we'll be waiting 7 years for the gum to pass (isn't that the old wives tale?)
Do I look like Daddy? Do I?

Cheese!!

I'm gonna eat the gum Mommy!!

Oh yum!!

We soaked up some fun times with family towards the end of summer. Making sure to take it all in and enjoy our time together.
At the Sponseller's house, just hanging out. I love to see John and Shannon "playing" together. John was showing Shannon how to turn on the giraffe. So cute!

Shannon was mesmorized!

Getting a yummy bottle from Bert!

Papa and Shannon, I LOVE this photo of them. Also, little known fact, Papa is a pro at burping Shannon! Seriously, he taps her back for just a few seconds and "buuuurp". Funny!

At the park with my family, having fun with Auntie Kris and her friend Kendra.

Shannon and Grandma Lolus hanging out.

Two big kids and one little one bouncing away.

Mommy and Shannon enjoying the park too. :)

All of us together, love this great photo!

A sweet moment I don't ever want to forget . . . Shannon's hugs. I don't know when or how it started but it was the cutest thing ever. I would lay Shannon on her back and bring my head in close for a kiss or snuggle and then out of no where she would reach out and grab/hug my face. She would put her hands on my cheeks and just leave them there. It was really special and although no picture could ever do it justice these come pretty close.


Oh boy, this was tough . . . the day I was both dreading and looking forward to for months. John and Shannon went back to / started day-care. For John I was counting down the days until he could go back and be with his friends again. John really does love going to "school" and we love all that he learns there and all of the fun activities that they do. And then there was Shannon . . . sweet baby Shannon. I was with John every single day of his life until he was 14 months old and making the decision to send him to day care wasn't an easy one either. The first few days of dropping him of were probably some of the roughest of being a Mommy. I have memories of him beet red in the face, arms desperately reaching for me, screaming "MAMAAAAAAA" because he didn't want me to leave him. I nearly ran back in on the third day to bring him back home with me, but I knew he would grow to love it and he has. We've known since I was pregnant with Shannon that she would have to start going when she was only 4 months old. And I tried my best to not dwell on it since there was no other option, but I would be lying if I didn't say it doesn't bother me. I would give anything to be able to snuggle with my baby girl every day, but life just doesn't make that possible so to day care she goes. She has an amazing teacher who kisses, hugs and loves on her almost as good as I would and that makes me happy. And since she has started going so early on in life I am hopeful that we won't have the horrible separation anxiety that we had with John. So anyway, that was a long way to say that day care started in mid August for both of them. Jeff dropped off the kids the first day since I was in new teacher training and I asked him to document the big day with taking photos.
Bags all packed and ready to go!

Shannon and one of her teachers saying hi and getting to know each other.

John finding all of his favorite toys again. So happy!

Shannon with Miss M. the teacher who is with her all day long. I was happy to see Shannon looking so comfortable with her!

Shannon having fun on the play mat, she's gonna love all of the fun toys they have there!!

They did great at school and have continued to do great. John's back into the swing of things, playing, learning, having lots and lots of fun. Shannon's teachers are really amazing and always say that she is such a happy baby with the cutest coo's they've ever heard! Even if they tell all the mom's that it still makes me smile!
August started off with a great bang! We had lots more fun through the rest of the month too! More to come soon! :)
2 comments:
I LOVE these pictures!!! You are so blessed to have such beautiful children! I have already started to print the pictures and put them around my office. I can't wait for some more fun times in the future! We will have to take John and Shannon to the park again! We had too much fun!
Love
Kris :)
soooo where to start with all the cute pictures....ahhhh! the ones of shannon rolling over IN ACTION are awesome...way to go baby s!! i love that blanket/quilt she is laying on too.glad you are taking lots of pictures to document all those smiling faces. the weeks sure do fly by WAY faster...i agree. glad jeff documented the first day of day care and that everything went smooth! oh and the picture of your family at the park is one to PRINT and the story of shannon hugging you...there is nothing better.!! sammy and kins miss their pals...lets see each other soon. xoxo
Post a Comment