Tuesday, February 21, 2012

November

You know what sucks about promising to post more often? When your computer crashes just days later. Any way . . .

 - November 2011 -

November started with excitement over Shannon's hair! Check out those spikes! I was super excited about it. Can you tell?
Photobucket


Oh there's a smile . . .
Photobucket

The same day (apparently . . . I'm going with it since Shannon's in the same PJs) Shannon modeled a new bear hat I had just purchased the pattern to. I was thrilled to finally (after years of searching) find a hat that helped me crochet true to size.
Photobucket

Shannon seemed to like the hat as well!
Photobucket

Photobucket

The bear hat was easily translated into an owl hat and the rest is history (as they say). Well to be quite honest, this hat is probably the reason this blog has been getting the cold shoulder!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I posted photos of the hat to Facebook and the orders started coming in. Without going overboard and gushing on and on . . . .  I will say that I probably get more enjoyment out of making these hats as the wearer gets wearing them. I truly love to crochet. It is my passion. It is my therapy. It is my yoga. It is my wine. You get the idea . . .

Something that always makes my heart smile is to see my babies play together. Photobucket

Photobucket

It was right around this time that Shannon started "crawling" or "pushing her head into the ground and army-crawling/inch-worming forward". Here's the side view . . .
Photobucket

Head on looked less cute and more funny . . .
Photobucket

No matter, Shannon was all smiles!
Photobucket

Huh, you talking about me?
Photobucket

Mid-November brought along the dreaded stomach bug. It got me first, then Jeff . . . it was terrible. I don't remember ever feeling that awful, think the worst hangover ever + any type of food/water making an emergency exit from your body + having to also be Mommy/Daddy + awful . . . at one point I set up the pak-n-play for Shannon with all her toys and put on a movie for John and just hoped for a few moments of peace.

Just when we thought we were in the clear, John started vomitting and Shannon started, well, being sick as well. The quote from the doctor that I will forever remember is this "Kids can't go back to day care if they are vomitting, have diarhea or have a fever and your kids have or will have all three . . . so good luck." I swear that is what she said to me, with a smile no less!

This is how John spent two days. His words "Mommy can you just hold me and not talk?" I totally understood and gladly did just that.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Shannon must have gotten the lighter version of it because aside from a few diaper disasters she wasn't phased at all. Happy to play the days away!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

She was also happy to model a few more of the owl hats.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally we were VERY happy to say good-bye to the bug. Hope to NEVER see you again!!

Here are a few of John and Shannon being sweet to each other.
Photobucket

She loves him, he loves her!
Photobucket

John took these two, I'm once again super impressed with his abilities!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Just cause . . .
Photobucket

Smooshy face
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up was a fun day trip to Sarasota for a fun Aquarium to explore.

On the way up . . .
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ready to check it all out!
Photobucket

John was LOVING it! And super excited to point everything out to Shannon.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We made our way to the main event, the shark tank for feeding time. We were lucky to get front row seating and see all of the huge fish up close and personal!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I was surprised at how brave John was at the touch tank, he's usually not into these types of things. I think Daddy gave him the little extra confidence he needed!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jeff had the great idea to pack a picnic lunch! It was perfect since they had lots of tables set up in the shade.
Photobucket

Shannon was happy to chill out and doze at we ate our lunch. It was loverly!
Photobucket

We checked out the manatees and realized we were all ready to head home!
Photobucket

Shannon had a peaceful ride back . . .
Photobucket

And do you think John had a good time or what?!
Photobucket

**Side note - John has been doing this for quite a while now . . . if you ask John something and end it with an "or what?!" he will ALWAYS say "WHAT!". For example, "Are we having fun or what?!" "WHAT!" "Is dinner yummy or what?!" "WHAT!" Cute but only because he's 3!!**

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Goodness, you have been having some fun! And, I can't believe how big they are! Especially Shannon! Didn't you just have her?

And the hats? Goodness, they are edible. It makes me almost want to learn to crochet (but I have a feeling I'd need somebody holding my hand and sitting with me while I tried it).

So glad the business is going well for you.

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP