Friday, May 31, 2013

John's Graduation from VPK at Small World

Oh boy! The first of many graduations to come. I know some people may think a VPK graduation is just something made up for parents and I do not care. I'm so glad they had a graduation! It was amazing to see how much these kids have grown over the years. John has been at this school for nearly 4 years of his life along with many classmates. They went from diapers and bottles to story time and journal writing. To say I was emotional leading up to the day would be an understatement. I couldn't think about it without tears forming in my eyes. Unbelievably, though, for the actual event I didn't shed a tear! It was a beautiful ceremony, short and sweet, and the best way to send the kids off into the world!

Morning drop off! Graduation day!
 photo IMG_2565x_zps01637292.jpg

We were invited to watch story time inside while waiting for all the parents to show up. John was antsy the whole time. I can't say I'm shocked!
 photo DSC_0151a_zps72141c84.jpg

Then it was time to march outside for the ceremony!
 photo IMG_2584a_zps745cd014.jpg

 photo DSC_0155a_zps7bbc8bec.jpg

 photo DSC_0163a_zpsb55c89d3.jpg

Instead of singing, John just stood there, twisting and turning and saying hi to his friends. It's his way. :)
 photo DSC_0184a_zps29a2a065.jpg

 photo DSC_0193a_zpsfc5ed32d.jpg

Next, each student was called to walk over the bridge and receive their diploma.
 photo DSC_0204a_zps4b165e3f.jpg

 photo DSC_0207a_zps71082475.jpg

And that was it! He had graduated!
 photo DSC_0215a_zps1eeba938.jpg

We are so very proud of all of his hard work this year!
 photo DSC_0229a_zps59956905.jpg

John was excited to open a special gift from Mommy and Daddy! Light up sticks!!
 photo DSC_0242a_zps593269dd.jpg

Hugs from bff Kyle!
 photo DSC_0259a_zps2191ae6e.jpg

Digging into the cupcakes!
 photo DSC_0281a_zpsaecb90fd.jpg

The school had compiled all of John's greatest works of art from the day he started and packaged it all up for us. Such a special surprise!!
 photo DSC_0264a_zpsee930492.jpg

And they made a poster, perfect for John!
 photo DSC_0286a_zps9d621d17.jpg

Grandma Bert came along to show support as well!
 photo DSC_0292_01a_zps29ce6113.jpg

And one final one with Mommy and Daddy!
 photo IMG_2582x_zps7a3615d3.jpg

John we are so proud of the boy you are growing into. We can't wait to see what your future will be like! Your three biggest fans will always be Mommy, Daddy and Shannon. We love you!

No comments:

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP