Morning Sweetie!


Waiting for dinner!

Fro-yo with Papa and Bert :)

Another Sports morning with Coach Ardi. This time John did a MUCH better job at participating! He even let me walk away, just a short distance, a few times.




One night the John and Shannon decided to "unwind" separately . . .


We went for a fun morning at the Water Park!

John wanted a photo with Mommy before leaving for work/school.

Shannon loved a new swimming cover-up I got for her and couldn't help but twirl around the living room.

Afternoon coloring

Playing with Daddy (he's the fun one!)


Silly faces for a fun popsicle treat after dinner

Nothing like a super bubbly bubble bath!

Sometimes the lighting is just right . . .






Every morning is an adventure with these two!

Afternoon fun with Mommy's cousins!


A peek into the future???

Snuggling with my girl! :)

Mother's Day!

Lounging on Bert's new chairs

With Ashton!

Enjoying the pool! :)

Daddy bought this fun spinner thing and the kids loved it.

More tubby fun!


Morning routine! On our way to Bert's!

Mommy and mini-me!

Maybe not the most enthusiastic morning person . . .

It was the last few days of school and there were daily activities. This day was PJ and popcorn day! Fun!


And once again, it was a normal night but beautiful and "capture" worthy!






Finally after a looooooong time of asking, Daddy brought John to a real Barber and had his hair cut into a Mohawk! So cool!


Shannon, sometimes I'm caught off guard with her pure beauty and cuteness (no bias at all!)



Uh oh! I smell (actually hear) trouble! :)

Another morning of Sports with Coach Ardi! He was a pro by this time around! No hesitation!! Soooo proud of John! He really is shy in new surroundings so for him to really thrive here was such a big step!
Of course his constant companion came along for support!




The fine art of a team huddle!


Then they were treated to salty fries (her) and frosty ice cream (him).

I got a bunch of Mama's and kids together for a fun craft afternoon. We made 4th of July flag shirts and tie-dye shirts. Fun!

Then it was time to play in the park!




This particular afternoon John looked way to grown up!


Shannon getting some chapstick from Daddy!

John and Shannon squatting like Mommy does for a photo

Is there anything better than a lazy afternoon watching cartoons??

Sports morning again! John was a pro!


Daddy and Shannon there for support!

Shannon "team manager"!!

Ummm??

Running a drill!

Cool down


John and I ran some errands, just us two!


Playing in our yard!


Ending the day with Fro-yo!



My "teenager"!


The next day we made our very own birdhouses. John picked out the houses and paint the day before and couldn't wait to get started on the project!






They are still hanging up and John is more than a little disappointed that no bird has claimed his house yet. Every day we check to see . . . maybe we have to up our game and buy a bird feeder?
It seems no week/month is complete without at least one trip to the zoo. This time we spent lots of time at the playground. :)




My dramatic little boy!




Then we had a picnic, it was lovely . . . for the .3 seconds when they both relaxed before running off to the next activity!


"Would you both just stop and smile for ONE second, please?!?"

Then it was Memorial Day Weekend. We had big plans of going to "our" beach spot but there was a line of cars a mile long so we went with plan "b" and it couldn't have been better. We basically had our own private beach with no one to worry about. The waves were nonexistent and the kids had a blast! It really was the best beach day ever. I just sat and enjoyed watching my no longer babies romp through the water, dig for coquinas and have the time of their life!





Shannon was running to me only after I said "ready? set? go!"

Another reason I love my daughter? I said "Shannon are you a mermaid??" "NO Mommy!! Tuhtul!" (turtle) That's right sweetie, you march to your own drummer!

My super cautious, nervous little boy in a pool found his happy place! I couldn't have been happier seeing him calm and enjoying himself!




Beautifully peaceful!

Then, as my kids tend to do, they decided in an instant that they were done with the beach! We transition quickly as to avoid meltdowns. They wanted showers and home, stat!

Waiting for Daddy to come pick us up. I have to laugh when I look at Shannon in the picture. I don't know what was happening but she looks hilarious! ha!

In the car we realized we had yet to eat our lunches, so we set up a picnic at home. It was lovely!

This little girl was pretending to sleep, until I turned the camera around so she could see herself! What a faker! ;)


Another afternoon, nothing special . . .





John and Kyle, without consulting their parents, decided that they would have a play date at John's house. When they found out it wasn't going to happen real tears ran down both boys faces. That night a play date was scheduled for the next day!
I had recently made Flubber with my class for "science day" and decided it would be a fun project for the three little monsters. They LOVED it! :)


I know it's what they are suppose to do, but I really love that John and Kyle include Shannon without question. There's no bickering about it, she's just part of the gang. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment