We celebrated Shannon's 2nd birthday with a small intimate group at a quiet park. Or so I thought. The park, that specific day, was filled to the brim with super energetic soccer kids which was fine. Then the weather decided to have a little fun, there were gale force, cold winds whipping around making everything fly in an instants notice. Although it wasn't what I imagined, what mattered is that our sweet little girl's 2nd birthday was celebrated by those who love her.
Party prep at home! The theme of Shannon's birthday was butterflies, purple and yellow. I made these close hanger butterflies and made them into her favors by adding a bag of popcorn.

The morning of her birthday party, John wanted to give Shannon his birthday present for her. It's one of those popper pusher around things. She was thrilled!


Then there was a little drama, it's her party she can cry if she wants to!

Party set-up.



We were at a park so the kids started running around and having fun right away. Grandma Bert joined in as well.



Papa too!

All the grown ups! :)


More friends showed up!


Our happy family! :)

Then it was time for the craft I had planned. I brought coffee filters and markers so the kids could eat the popcorn and make their own butterfly. The wind complicated things, but some of the kids were able to make some cute butterflies!



Then it was time for cake!






The kids were ready to dig in!




Before we knew it, it was time to head home!

After a nap, it was time to open presents!




Even John and Daddy were excited!

We went outside to get some photos.

Daddy tried his best to get smiles from Shannon! :)

They were more interested in juice boxes!

Shannon got her sunglasses back from Daddy and went on a little ride.

Later that night we went to our favorite restaurant, the Fish House, to end the day of celebrating!

Shannon was telling everyone she was turning 2!!


The next day I wanted to be sure to treat my daughter, and myself if I'm being honest, to a little photo-shoot. We went back to the park which was deserted, of course, and took some sweet photos of Shannon. (Oh and there was barely any wind too, nice Mother Nature, real nice!) Shannon wanted to bring her "Bebo" (favorite teddy bear) and the blanket I had made for her.









Peek-a-boo, I see you!

Then she decided that she was done!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My sweet little girl, I hope you know how much you are loved. You have brought your Mommy, Daddy and big brother so much happiness and joy. Every day you do something amazing and new and we are so happy to be your audience. You are a perfect mix of sweet and sassy. You are stubborn like Mommy and really hate it when you don't get your way. Fiercely independent with some things and wanting lots of help with others. You are also loving and snuggly and can show love in such a sweet way. Your vocabulary and verbal communication grows every day. I'm shocked at some of the things you can say and articulate. You are one smart cookie! Like your brother, you are funny too! And your laugh is contagious! You say "hi!" to anyone and everyone you see. Everyone loves to say "hi!" and engage you in conversation right back. Where John is shy, you are not, which is a nice mix for the two of you. And speaking of you and John, you love each other so very much. You always want to be with John and do what he is doing. You rarely argue, but when you do, it's epic. You look for John first every day after your nap and you say good-night time him last before night-night. From the day you were born, we knew you were the missing piece to our family puzzle. We love you, Shannon! You are our sunshine!
No comments:
Post a Comment