Today I went in for my 32 week check up. Everything is looking good. My belly measured at 33.5 cm, which is right on track, and the baby's heartbeat was 144 bpm, which is perfect. I asked the doctor if he could tell how big the baby is right now and he pushed all over my belly. He said the baby is head down, his back is on the left side of my belly and his little butt is right on top, his arms and legs are on the right, which makes a lot of sense because thats where I feel the kicks! He said the baby is between 3 and 4 pounds right now.
I asked about my belly measuring ahead and if that affected my due date. He said that when someone measures ahead it just means that the baby is a bit bigger than "normal" for that time period. But there is really not a normal, so it just means that your belly is measuring big. My due date is still July 15th.
I also asked him about how to determine exactly how pregnant I am according to the weeks/months. He explained that now-a-days doctors calculate full term pregnancies to be 10 months long. They calculate from the last period the woman has, so for the matter of calculations she is pregnant for 2-3 weeks before she is actually pregnant. Confused yet? So right now I'm 32 weeks pregnant or 7 months pregnant. I still have a little under 2 months to go because full term is considered 40 weeks. All I know is that I'm ready!! :-)
The doctor was happy that I was able to gain a few pounds over the past few weeks. He did say a pound a week, but I really listened to instructions well and surpassed that goal. Oh well, this is the one time in your life where you can go for it and eat whatever, right? Right!
That's all for now! Have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't wait for little JT to arrive! Thanks for the updates - it stinks being in Tampa and missing out on all of the information!
Post a Comment