Monday, March 30, 2009

8 months old

Johnathan turned 8 months old on March 8th. How in the world am I the mother of an 8 month old?? I can't believe how much Johnathan has grown in the past month! He is absolutely, 100% mobile. He is not crawling per se, but he gets from point A to B with no problem. He is very good at going from sitting to "crawling" and back to sitting. He is also showing us his personality more and more every day. He is very curious and always wants to know what's going on. If he hears a noise, he must investigate. If one of his toys rolls away he follows. Johnathan also seems to have a little temper and lets you know when he wants something (he totally gets that from his Dad right? hehehe I know it's all me . . . ) Also, Johnathan knows what the word "NO" means and does not like it at all. When Johnathan gets into something he shouldn't be playing with I say "NO" and he gives me this look and fake cries . . . Ican't believe that he is already giving me a hard time and I'm nearly certain he gets that from his Dad!! :-) Johnathan usually smiles all the time and is generally in a very happy, easy going mood. We are so grateful to have a laid back baby! We take him everywhere and he does pretty well for the most part. I took Johnathan for a quick weight and measurement on his 8 month birthday, he was 21.5 lbs and 28.75 inches long. Here are some photos from his 8 months birthday . . .

We went to the Fish House for lunch that day . . . Daddy dressed Johnathan, can you tell? I love it! Johnathan loves sitting in highchairs, he likes to see everything going on at the table and he also likes to take tastes of our food . . .


Johnathan wanted a taste of my lime . . . he didn't seem to mind the taste at first . . .


Ooooh, there's the sour face! But he went back for more!


Next up was celery, he like chomping on this and kinda used it like a teether . . .


Matt and Jeff smiling for the photo! It was such a nice lunch! No better way to relax then to have a few beers while sitting on a dock watching boats go by . . .


Later on that day we met up with some friends at The Beach Club. This is the same place where Jeff and I were married 2 and a half years ago. Johnathan is sitting in the same spot where we said our vows . . . it was really nice to be back at this special place!



We found a nice little piece of grass to call our own and sprawled out with our friends . . . Johnathan sure does love his Aunt Keri!!!


Learning how to stand up, he's not quite standing on his own yet . . .


Emma and her Daddy (Chris) were there as well! I love her blue eyes!!! What a beauty!!!


We finished off the day at a great pizza place. I though it was really cute that they had little benches for kids to sit on while waiting for a table, doesn't Johnathan look so grown up?!? (well except for the binki . . . I'm not ready to get rid of that just yet)




8 months old and full of energy. As I type this Johnathan has crossed the room twice to go after balls that have rolled away from him. He plays so well and keeps himself entertained with his toys. I feel like Johnathan has gotten closer to a "toddler" than a newborn and although I'm so excited for all the new things we will do together, I miss the little baby he was. I have a feeling it's just going to get better and better . . . and I feel very lucky to be Johnathan's Mama!

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy 8 months...love the lime face!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP