Friday, July 31, 2009

Johnathan's Birthday 07-08-09

Oh boy, Johnathan's first birthday . . . it was such a wonderful day from when we woke up to when we crawled into bed late that night!

We started off the day with a nice walk, Jeff, Johnathan and I have been walking whenever we get the chance. We found a great park around the corner from our house and Johnathan loves to go on the swings whenever we are there.

Johnathan, the big boy one year old . . . doesn't he just look older here??

Okay, this might look strange, but Johnathan is actually trying to do his "peek-a-boo" thing while swinging . . . how funny!

Oh how I love this little boy!!


And here he is clapping his hands, he does this whenever he is happy . . . and he does it all the time, so I'm thinking we have a happy little boy, yup we sure do!


We got home from our walk, gave Johnathan breakfast and while he napped I got some work done. Jeff worked on making sure our day was full of fun! When Johnathan woke up, he got his first birthday present of the day from his Mama and Daddy. It's a punching Penguin, you know the kind where they can't fall over? Well this one is really fun because it makes lots of noise too! Jeff picked it out special because they watch "the penguins of Madagascar" together on t.v. in the afternoons.




As you can see, Johnathan loved it and still plays with it all the time!

Next up was a real treat! We went to our local water park. It has this really great kid area. We had been there once or twice before so Johnathan knew what he was getting into and was so happy!

He loves to splash the water! He also crawls right in with no regard as to how deep the water is. Jeff and I are always close by because Johnathan has been known to crawl to a point where is completely under water. And he doesn't get scared or upset he just coughs up the water and goes right back in.


"There's Daddy!"

We have so much fun there. The water is the perfect temperature. It's fun to just sit and enjoy the beautiful weather!



Back home we went to get ready for dinner and cake! I actually thought ahead for once and baked the cake the night before so that I could frost it without problems. Here it is . . . oh and with a happy 1st birthday balloon too! ;-)


The grandparents showed up and the party started!

Johnathan dug right into the gifts. He loved ripping the paper!!



Here he is opening his first Elmo toy, a cell phone! "la la la la Elmo's world" is on constant repeat in my head. Johnathan loves it and holds it up to his ear when I say "hello?"

We had some yummy steak and potato dinner and then it was time for cake. Johnathan became very shy . . .

All of this "first birthday blah blah" and I forget to mention that it was also my Mom's birthday. Yes, I had Johnathan on my Mom's birthday, hey am I not a great daughter or what?!?

"Happy Birthday to you!!!"

Family Foto!!!

At first Johnathan wasn't too sure about this whole cake thing . . .

. . . but after that first bite, he was loving it!!







Andy and Victoria came by for cake too and we got this great group shot!

Johnathan took a tubby immediately following the cake, he managed to get chocolate everywhere!!! Before his nighttime bottle he wanted to get some extra playtime in . . .

After everyone left for the night I sat and rocked my baby to sleep, just like I did one year prior. As I laid him in the crib I just looked at him and thought how much joy he has brought to my life and to our families lives. I can't wait for all the adventures this next year will bring!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I LOVE these shots and the new banner (even if I am NOT on it anymore!)... The picture is FANTASTIC!! I love how you have the copy and image layed out - the color is perfect!! Have fun on your cruise! Love you & T.G.I.N.B! :)

The Manrings said...

what great pics of his family birthday party and what a special day. that park is perfect and fun. you can just feel the happiness from these photos and your loving words. way to go with the awesome cake too....love that he smashed it everywhere!! cant believe he's already ONE!!!!! xo ps. cool birthday balloon, hehe!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP