Johnathan has grown so much over this summer! Every day he is doing something new or something different or something crazy . . . that's when I hear Jeff call to me and say "Come quick . . . and bring your camera!!" Well, I come running around the corner and usually witness the last few seconds of a few unassisted steps, or Johnathan making a funny face, or Jeff and Johnathan playing a new game of hide and seek, or who knows what . . .
Well, the other day as I was working away, I got the call . . . I came running into the kitchen and this is what I saw . . .
Yeah, that's Johnathan standing inside a drawer inside one of our kitchen cabinets . . . .

How did he get there? One might ask, wasn't someone watching him? hmmm, well?

Regardless of how he got into this situation, one thing was clear, he needed our help getting out of it! All happy and proud of himself here . . . . .

And then realizing he is stuck . . . HELP!!!!

I see many of these "rescue" situations in our future . . . oh boy!
Then on another day I heard Jeff whisper "check out Johnathan in his room . . . and bring your camera!"
So I tip toed in and tried to be quiet as a mouse . . . .
This is a game Johnathan likes to call "let's make a mess!" Do your kids know the game? It's soooo much fun because at the end of the day Mommy and Daddy fix everything back to normal and you get to play again and again and again! Yay!! :-) hehehe

When he finally saw me, he gave me a huge smile, so proud of his "masterpiece" and went right back to playing . . . oh see the stack of books on top of the dresser? Those are the nice books with paper pages that we are saving from destruction . . . oh and I guess there's also a stack of clean laundry I have yet to put away . . . ya know what just stop examining the picture that close okay? hehe :-)

3 comments:
That is hilarious! Leave it to your son to wind up stuck in a kitchen cabinet - I think he was looking for the Coors Light... or maybe just a Graduates Snack! Too funny! I love my nephew and his antics!
I also seem to remember his Mom playing a similar game with me of messing up our play room and then MAGIC... we went to sleep and POOF it was all clean and ready to go again for us (Thanks Mom!) :) Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks...
Love,
Kris
Hi...I just wanted to say cute blog and even cuter son. I found your blog while looking up the last name Sponseller. I was trying to do some research for a family tree. I am a Sponseller by marriage. We live in Indiana and visit Bonita Springs every April.
he's too cool! Mathyas and him would play great together climbing all over stuff you really don't want them to go!
PS...I think i've told you before I love the color of JT's room...what color is it...i might want to use it...no, seriously...
Post a Comment