There are times in life when you realize the most important things in life are not things at all, but people and relationships and friends and family. I woke up on a Saturday morning determined to enjoy a morning with my son. Just the two of us. I had received some sad news the day before and felt an urge to let work pile up, let the dirty dishes sit, let the dirty laundry wait and the clean laundry stay unfolded, leave the toys all over the place . . . I wanted to have fun and not do what was necessary, but instead make a fun memory with Johnathan. So that's exactly what we did . . . we walked down to Clam Pass and just enjoyed the quiet, nearly private beach, until we had had our fill and were ready to go home . . .














It felt really good to just go and be and enjoy. We stayed for a little over an hour went home and about the rest of the day as normal. No matter how busy life gets, I really hope that we always have time for these little escapes, a little pause button on everything else that is going on. And I hope that I never again need something as sad as someone passing away remind me to enjoy life . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment