
Johnathan certainly loves to color with chalk and crayons, pens and pencils, stray pieces of left over food, the yogurt that spilled out of the container and is now all over the highchair . . . any excuse will do!
He was sitting there coloring, enjoying the fact that we let him, encouraged him actually, to sit on the table, and the best? He wanted me to sit there with him and he let me know it by the consistent "Mama? Mama! Mama!?!?!?" I would trace his foot and then he would try


I would draw a line and then he would, back and forth . . .


And if I stopped to take a photo, he would let me know, that at the moment, coloring was more important!


Patient and thoughtful making sure each inch of available paper was properly colored in and then applauding himself for a good job done . . .






Daddy was cooking dinner, we had some nice music on, and we just colored our afternoon away, does life get better?
I taught Johnathan to color with one crayon at a time, but by the end that "rule" was out the window . . . what fun is it if you always color in the lines anyway?

As he was getting ready to get off the table and onto the next activity I found myself facing a tough question . . . which piggy do I love more?
(and these are for you Kris)
This one?

or This one?

He's been home sick from day care for the whole week. RSV again, fever again, runny nose and cough again . . . but he's home with his Mama, getting love from me and both Grandma's and he's gonna be just fine. When I was little and would get sick my mom would get me something special to help make me feel better. I still have two Gund stuff animals from my two episodes of chicken pox, yes you can get it twice, trust me, and it wasn't any fun either time! So when we were at Walmart a few days ago, I got John a little something special, I restocked on crayons and stickers . . . I can't wait for our next Crayola date!
1 comment:
I LOVE the pictures - they are sooo cute!! Hopefully he is feeling better! You will have to send me a piece of John's art! Love you!
Post a Comment