Saturday, January 15, 2011

Counting down to 2011

On Christmas Eve Johnathan opened a toy tractor and fell in love! Andy started examining the toy and was pointing out its name and all the little working parts. It turns out that Andy had a real size version of this same exact toy and offered to have John come over and "play" with it. We were so excited to have this opportunity! He told John that he had to bring his hard hat and that they would "work" together on the tractors!

Photobucket

John was super excited about this whole idea, but when we actually got there he was a little shy. I can't imagine why, with all the loud noises and everyone looking at him and the huge machines . . . so this pregnant Mama thought the best way to break the ice was to climb on up with him!

Photobucket

So we are up there, sitting in the chair and John just reaches out and starts moving the levers all over the place which sends the tractor tilting this way and that. I nearly thought we were going to fall out, I wish Jeff could have gotten that on video. Funny stuff. Fortunately Andy was right there and didn't seem concerned so I figured we were safe!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Andy offered to drive it around with John and I was very happy to let him take over!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Another big crane truck caught John's eye and he wanted to climb all over it next!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Uncle Matt came along too!
Photobucket

Finally we went inside the shop and John wanted to get on the big lawn mower. I guess Andy's got a helper in a few years or so!
Photobucket

What a fun way to start a chilly day!!!

A few days later we got the opportunity to meet up with a friend of mine at the zoo. Beth has a daughter, Bella, who's just a few months older than John, they had a blast running around the place! Here they are comparing the cool shirts Santa brought them!Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course no zoo trip is complete without feeding the fish and birds.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Just before leaving Jeff got a photo of the Mama's with the kiddos. The baby is Vince, Bella's baby brother, just a few months old. It was such a fun morning!
Photobucket

We somehow snuck in a fun park playdate with lots of other Mama's and kids too! It was right at John's nap time so we were right on the brink of a meltdown the whole time. Before anyone else got there I was able to snap this quick photo . . . looking so grown up!
Photobucket

Finally it was New Years Eve! I'm sure I've said it here before but Jeff and I realize we are definitely at the point in our life where we are completely happy counting down to 9pm and calling it a night. Yes we have partied till midnight and later in years past and I'm sure we will again but not now and that's okay! Here's John and Daddy pulling the strings on those little party poppers! So much fun!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And although it might not be the most flattering photo of me, here's the last photo of 2010.
Photobucket

2010 was year full of change for us. Our lives are nearly unrecognizable compared to what they were a year ago and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  We are happy and healthy. We enjoy our time together as a family of three and are eagerly anticipating growing to a family of four. 2010 taught me a lot about myself and about my family, it was definitely a year of learning and listening and finding out what is truly important. I feel like we can welcome 2011 in with a big hearty hug. We have so much to look forward to and I'm not going to wish a minute of it away! We are living in the moment, taking it all in and feeling thankful for all that we have!

3 comments:

The Manrings said...

yah for a happy new year post!! that last picture of you two is adorable. your happiness is just shining through nicole and 2011 is going to be awesome. i love the idea to not wish a moment of it away. wohoooo!! xo ps. LOVE LOVE your new blog header!!

Jessica said...

Geez-Linsdsey stole EVERYTHING I was going to say:) Love the promise that a new year brings and I love the way you're ready to embrace it! Think how different things will be next New Year...John will be 3 1/2! Shannon will crawling around full of laughs and smiles! But I bet I know one thing that will stay the same...9:00 bedtime on New Years Eve:)

The Jones Family said...

ok, yeah, nice post, beautiful family...happy,happy, joy, joy, blah, blah, blah....

the thing that I'm gonna comment on is the TRACTORS! I'll speak for Mathyas when I say LUCKY LUCKY BOY! you're the coolest mom ever for a tractor day for John!

Who's Reading "Sponseller Family"

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP